• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    This popped up on my youtube feed the other day and I wanted to know y'all's thoughts on it. I think that open carrying on the 2nd of every month may be an interesting/decent way to show gun support and possibly start a productive conversation with someone who may be on the fence with guns. I'm getting into holster making and I am strongly considering making me an OWB so I can open carrying every 2nd. I still prefer concealed greatly but to me this may be a worth wile reason to open carry every once and a wile. Looks like it may be disbanded or didn't get support I just thought it was an interesting concept.

Capitol Armory ad

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Doesn't really matter what YOU think, it's the people that are afraid of guns that you're not going to change the minds of. It's like a religion: you believe that yours is the correct one and the other guys think theirs is correct. There's no right or wrong, just opinions. I respect peoples opinions that are afraid of guns and don't want to own/touch one, but they need to also respect the people that DO want to carry one.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I open carry all the time, and pretty much nobody notices. I get the occasional look or question, but for the most part people are simply just not paying attention to what is one someone else's hip.

Granted, I mainly wear dark clothing (as it's "slimming!" :clown:), so it's not so obvious; but still when I wear brighter shirts it's still rare anyone notices!

I think it would be better just to encourage everyone to open carry more, but that's a personal decision. It's more a matter of educating the public that an armed civilian is nothing to worry about, which should be obvious but as we always said in the military, "the biggest problem with common sense is that it's not common!"

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I don't open carry. I also don't wear a sign on my back saying " shoot me first!" I have no problem with others open carrying. Majority of sheep don't even notice.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    All good points. I think I will start doing some OCing and not worry about what day more about what I will be doing today.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Adhering to someone else's idea of when I should do...hell, ....anything, annoys me.

I CC and /or OC as I see fit.

I don't no stinkin calendar of what I should and when, nope, nuh-uh......

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Here in my part of SE Texas nobody even pays attention to open carriers it's like they are invisible. Nobody looks at them or anything. I prefer to look like a bum in an untucked Tshirt. Does anybody have the stats to prove that open carry folks get shot more than concealed carry? Not some jacked up statistics from the CDC or anti-gun groups. Texas is an open carry state so if a person here wants to open carry more power to them. It upsets people you say. Maybe folks need to learn that people open carry and they are not the danger. Now you know no felon is going to walk the public streets with open carry. What you like or don't like doesn't count do your own thing and stop criticizing folks that choose to legally open carry. Don't sound like those tired old anti gun folks. I support anybody that legally carries open or concealed.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Here in my part of SE Texas nobody even pays attention to open carriers it's like they are invisible. Nobody looks at them or anything. I prefer to look like a bum in an untucked Tshirt. Does anybody have the stats to prove that open carry folks get shot more than concealed carry? Not some jacked up statistics from the CDC or anti-gun groups. Texas is an open carry state so if a person here wants to open carry more power to them. It upsets people you say. Maybe folks need to learn that people open carry and they are not the danger. Now you know no felon is going to walk the public streets with open carry. What you like or don't like doesn't count do your own thing and stop criticizing folks that choose to legally open carry. Don't sound like those tired old anti gun folks. I support anybody that legally carries open or concealed.

Texas has had open carry for going on three years now, and while OC isn't as common as I would have expected, there also hasn't been on instance that I know of where someone OC'ing has had any issues.

As expected, it turned out and continues to be a non-issue.

I OC quite a bit and have yet to have a negative experience while doing so. I've seen some people notice it, but most responses I get are either in favor or simple curiosity as to the legality of it. I have been surprised to learn many CHL/LTC holders weren't aware of the law when it went into effect. When it first happened, I had several folks ask me what they needed to do to OC and were surprised when I informed them that all they needed was their license and a belt or shoulder holster.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I am a TYM fan for the most part. He does a lot for charity and usually has good videos on guns I like. I haven't found a good reason to open carry. I already carry owb but my shirt covers whatever I am carrying. I really dont want to have a conversation about guns with a stranger. I do not believe I will change anyone mind nor do I care to. It reminds me of the religious nuts who go around trying to convince you to believe and join their church. Very annoying

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I am a TYM fan for the most part. He does a lot for charity and usually has good videos on guns I like. I haven't found a good reason to open carry. I already carry owb but my shirt covers whatever I am carrying. I really dont want to have a conversation about guns with a stranger. I do not believe I will change anyone mind nor do I care to. It reminds me of the religious nuts who go around trying to convince you to believe and join their church. Very annoying

Carry your gun any way you want, just don't make up crap why others shouldn't open carry.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    The difference is the religious nuts are the ones pushing the agenda. If someone comes up and asks you about it then they want to believe.

I understand about not wanting to engage with a stranger about much of anything so there is that downfall to OC although I have only been approached a few times regarding it, So not much of a big deal 99.9% of the sheeple have no clue a gun is on your belt if you OC or CC.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I can't say I've watched everyone closely and I'm sure others probably have noticed, but except for one person asking me what type of 1911 I was carrying, it's as yet been a nonissue.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    The only reason we don't have Constitutional Carry in Texas is Dan Patrick the Lt. Governor. He controls what goes in in the Texas Senate. Some folks who own firearms are scared we will offend the anti gunner's feelings if we open carry.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom