Texas SOT

Enough is enough. Shutdown interfering with craft brewers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    ...so logically, there’d also be no one working in the “we check for beer labels” department

And really, isn’t a beer label just another damned tax stamp?
    We should be dumping tea into Boston Harbor at this point...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I saw the thread title & came her to post that. Thanks for getting it right on post #2.

The shutdown just shows all the insane stuff the government is involved in but shouldn't be.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    That is what I thought also, but look at the photo in post #31:
    6 12oz Bottles - Bomber 6 Pack
    The three beers in that 6-pack are usually sold as singles in bomber bottles (22 oz). I assume this was a special thing to package them in 12 oz bottles and sell as a 6-pack. I'll have to look for that - I seldom buy bombers of anything because my wife usually doesn't like the heavy beers that they tend to be, and I have a hard time finishing one by myself.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The three beers in that 6-pack are usually sold as singles in bomber bottles (22 oz). I assume this was a special thing to package them in 12 oz bottles

They are an absolutely awesome deal for what you are getting.

I'm fortunate to have a piece of property in the hill country that my great great grandfather bought for $11.14 an acre in 1923.

I was there last night by a roaring campfire.
    My 31 year old son and I love good brews.

We split one of each of the three Real Ale 12 oz. "Bombers" around that fire.

A "Life is good" moment.....especially after having been at a 90 year old uncles funeral the same day.
    I watched my deceased uncle and my departed dad drink around that same fire pit before I was old enough to do so.

Beer and campfires bring together so many memories.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    dvdqbwsvsaaq7bv-jpg.jpg

In H-E-B right now, for those who missed it.

Attachments

• dvdqbwsvsaaq7bv-jpg.jpg
      dvdqbwsvsaaq7bv-jpg.jpg
      166.5 KB · Views: 241

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I have no earthly idea what that means.

Heavy dark unrefrigerated brews are what our great-grandfathers drank!

At the moment I'm drinking a "Black Quad" brewed by Real Ale down in Blanco.
    It's a black quadruple Belgian ale.
    Beer the way it was meant to be.
    At 10.7% alcohol it could be used with a bore brush to remove copper fouling!
    Definitely not a pinky-in-the-air libation by anyone's experience.

If you think Real Ale Brewery does chocolate and raspberry cream foo-foo effeminate craft brews you are misinformed and would probably enjoy learning more.
    Go tour Real Ale or any craft brewery. It's a great educational experience.

Currently, in the corner, I have yeast chewing on 15 lbs. of raw Honey. Trying to reapproximate what our mediaeval ancestors drank.

I will never be critical of a man who drinks Bud or Miller or Coors or Lone Star.
    I will objectively observe, however, that they are all virtually tasteless seltzer water.

Potent high alcohol craft brews approximate what Pearl and Lone Star brewed pre-prohibition.
    After the 21st amendment legalized alcohol, beers were then toned way way down to appeal to the masses.

Back on topic:
    TABC has a lot of rules applicable to beer labeling.
    BATFE approves labels for truth-in-advertising purposes. They are closed. into the 22nd day.

And, yes.....this may or may not be unneeded government intrusion but it's the law. And this quad ale is sublime.
    My great grandfather drank vodka...

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Like I should care? It's just a tax, not like they test your 'craft' beer to see what is really in it. So far the 'objectors' are just those who didn't 'plan' for a 'vacation', as usual for the UNIONIZED Fed workers. You do realize most all Texas Metro Fed (unionized) workers get a 30% adjustment and can't seem to have enough $ in the bank to last a month without a check (2 weeks of which were HOLIDAYS)? Keep the fat cats out of the food pantrys.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Beer is for queers

Thanks you for the insight into my psyche.

Anybody try the St. Arnolds #19 Devine reserve currently in HEBs (Wimberley yesterday)?
    Awesome.
    Malt smacks my uvula and 10.5% ethanol well hidden. Not really, the alcohol smacks too.
    Best shared.
    12 oz. is a lot of smacking.

Best enjoyed AFTER the guns are put up!

saint-arnold-divine-reserve.jpg

Attachments

• saint-arnold-divine-reserve.jpg
      saint-arnold-divine-reserve.jpg
      794.3 KB · Views: 210
    Top Bottom