• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Check with the Human Resources people over at Applied Materials. I know they have a pretty good feel for what's available in the Austin and Round Rock area.

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    Sent resume to Applied materials, no response. Got like a 3 minute phone interview with Samsung, nothing. Sent resume to National Instruments and they responded with a lengthy interested email and they asked when I'm available for a 30 minute phone interview. Looks like NI it is. :)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What type of work are you looking for? There's lots of companies in the Austin area to check out. AMD, Freescale, IBM, just to name a few...

I had no idea ITT did engineering degrees. I had to look that up. Not saying you fall into this category, but I've interviewed quite a few people with ITT certs and degrees and have found them... lacking. Good thing I don't put much faith in formal education anyways

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    There are a lot of lacking people at ITT, not going to lie. I'm not one of them though. I'm on the honors which is 6 people out of over 600 students. I won't be technically and electrical engineer unless I get my bachelors and NI knows that. They are calling me tomorrow for my interview. To me AMD, Freescale, and IBM all fall under that "Dell" category. I might end up moving one day to work for GE or GD.

Top Bottom