• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    The only thing that keeps me buying an NRA membership is that the far left progressive fascists hate the NRA so much, even though it isn't as effective as they think. Plus I like to go to the convention if it is nearby. I missed President Trump when he spoke at the one in Dallas in (2017?), but the booths were kind of cool.
    Although most of my reasons are for support for youth programs and assistance, pissing off leftist organizations also does it for me as well.
    Gun Zone Deals

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    The only thing that keeps me buying an NRA membership is that the far left progressive fascists hate the NRA so much, even though it isn't as effective as they think. Plus I like to go to the convention if it is nearby. I missed President Trump when he spoke at the one in Dallas in (2017?), but the booths were kind of cool.

I posted the 2024 NRA Dallas convention on events page. See page for details. NRA was last here in 2018 and before that either 1995 or 1996.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Do you have to be a member to attend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Can anyone go to the NRA convention? From NRA.org

The NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits is open to all NRA members and their immediate families (spouse and children under 18 years old) and is FREE to attend. If you are not currently a member of the NRA, you can attend by joining at the door or right now at www.nra.org.

Yes, its worth the money just for the exhibit hall. And save time for some of the lectures/demos. To save money take DART rail as the station is right under Convention Center. Parking is expensive downtown Dallas.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at AmmoLand blog;

Four candidates dedicated to reforming the troubled NRA will be on the ballot for election to the NRA Board of Directors this year. Judge Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, Dennis Fusaro, and me, Jeff Knox, all qualified for the ballot by petition of the members.

We are encouraging people to vote for only these four and no one else. This is called “Bullet Voting” and gives your votes more weight, increasing the odds of us winning seats.

Attachments

• 2024-NRA-Board-Election-Reform-Candidates-600x326.jpg
      2024-NRA-Board-Election-Reform-Candidates-600x326.jpg
      47.7 KB · Views: 17
    • 2024-NRA-Board-Election-Reform-Candidates-Whos-Who-600x330.jpg
      2024-NRA-Board-Election-Reform-Candidates-Whos-Who-600x330.jpg
      46.2 KB · Views: 16

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We all shluld have supported Neal Knox more strongly.. . . . .
    He got plenty of support and helped the NRA get past the time when it was going to retire from politics, move to New Mexico and become a passive group of Fudds intent on hunting with wood-stocked, bolt-action rifles and almost nothing else. But he turned out to be of less service to the 2A community from inside the NRA than from outside.

Arguably, he had too much of an activist mindset to be a competent administrator of the Institute for Legislative Action which is mostly why he was fired from the Executive Director job after just 4 or 5 years. His later election to the board and failure to keep the pure 2A folks on message and at work turned out to be a disaster. Yes, we got Charlton Heston as president which made great television. Unfortunately, that happened via a bunch of very dodgy maneuvers through which WLP screwed over Knox and consolidated power so absolutely that his grip on the organization lasted until now. Given the organizational framework WLP obtained, that same sort of grifter leadership may even continue, as idiotic as that might be, if folks like Charles Cotton stay in charge.

Ultimately, the highest and best use of his talents was as an outside bomb-thrower, an unrestrained voice calling out hypocrisy from the peanut gallery.

Neal Knox did great things. I don't think it was humanly possible to do much better than he did.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Read more at AmmoLand blog;

Four candidates dedicated to reforming the troubled NRA will be on the ballot for election to the NRA Board of Directors this year. Judge Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, Dennis Fusaro, and me, Jeff Knox, all qualified for the ballot by petition of the members.

We are encouraging people to vote for only these four and no one else. This is called “Bullet Voting” and gives your votes more weight, increasing the odds of us winning seats.
    <>

So, it will be worth voting again ?

<>

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Once again from AmmoLand blog. Can't blame one of the outside board candidates from putting out the word again. It's how one gets elected; rinse/repeat over and over again.

The NRA is in serious trouble, the worst crisis in the history of the organization. There is no point in sugarcoating the reality. Many of the problems are self-inflicted by the current administration of the organization.

It is this writer’s considered opinion the fight to restore the Second Amendment can best be served by voting for the following four nominees for NRA Board Directors:

• Phil Journey
    • Denis Fusaro
    • Rocky Marshall
    • Jeff Knox

Vote only for those four nominees. Voting only for those four magnifies your vote.

In addition, vote Yes on the proposed bylaw change to create a Chief Compliance Officer. It is a position that is badly needed at the NRA.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    NRA magazine goes directly from mailbox to trash can.
    I think it's a pretty good rag, actually, I usually throw mine on a pile and read them about six months later. Then I tell y'all about the latest gun or ammo I just read about and y'all say "That's been out for a year."
    You're welcome!
    End of story.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    Once again from AmmoLand blog. Can't blame one of the outside board candidates from putting out the word again. It's how one gets elected; rinse/repeat over and over again.

The NRA is in serious trouble, the worst crisis in the history of the organization. There is no point in sugarcoating the reality. Many of the problems are self-inflicted by the current administration of the organization.

It is this writer’s considered opinion the fight to restore the Second Amendment can best be served by voting for the following four nominees for NRA Board Directors:

• Phil Journey
    • Denis Fusaro
    • Rocky Marshall
    • Jeff Knox

Vote only for those four nominees. Voting only for those four magnifies your vote.

In addition, vote Yes on the proposed bylaw change to create a Chief Compliance Officer. It is a position that is badly needed at the NRA.
    That's how I voted.

Top Bottom