• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Took Ebbie (my new S&W MP15) to Quail Creek. Unfortunately I couldnt stay as long as I wanted (I'd still be there) but I managed to get about 90 round off. Freaking great rifle. Got the sights zeroed in during the first round. I was consistently 3" low so we dropped the front post 1 notch which seems to have brought me on target.

Getting to spend some quality time with this rifle just makes is so freaking obvious why they are popular. It's easy to shoot. It's accurate enough that even in my hands I can get on the target. I'm really looking forward to getting to the range more.

I asked the range marshal about classes and he gave me a flier. The offer one class for rifles ("The Carbine course". It's a half day class and looks pretty interesting. I'm going to find out when they plan to do it again and sign up.
    DK Firearms

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Well Darn. I thought Ebbie was your girlfriend and you were going to post a bunch of pictures and such. Glad you had fun.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Bit embarassing today. One of the range masters at Quail Creek was working with me and he noticed that something was wrong with Ebbie. Some moron put the friggin sights on backward. Both of them. Luckily not a big deal, just unscrewed them flipped them around and all was right with the world.

These really are great rifles. So easy to opperate and it's almost like they aim themselves. Can't wait for next weekend. Unfortunately, I need to swing through the store tomorrow for another box of ammo. A box of 500 doesnt last that long.

Top Bottom