• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    So I broke down and bought a mouse gun. I would never consider .380 adequate for self-defense, but I've always wanted a Mustang and I got a deal on one that I couldn't resist... so.. I picked up a case of 110gr Golden Sabre, and a couple of spare mags but now I need a holster. I hate buying holsters. More than half end up being returned, given away, or thrown into a junk drawer. I don't mind paying money for the best.

Everyone seems to have their own opinions. I need an IWB holster for my new Sig P238 and no one can seem to give a definitive answer on any that seem like I'd actually want to use them.

Been looking at this one:

Tuckable Kydex and Leather Holsters: Silent Thunder Fusion Model | Garrett Holsters

I like that it's leather lined AND kydex. It also seems to get some good reviews. In order of importance:

1. Comfort
    2. Concealability
    3. Durability/Warranty
    4. Turnaround time (I need a holster ASAP!)
    5. Price

FYI, I'm 6'1" 185 with ridiculously low body fat and athletic build (wear waist size 30-32) so I don't have much cushioning and zero belly to help conceal my piece. Anyone with someone input or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Texas SOT

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You can conceal a P238 no problem. They are practically a pocket gun, so IWB they can just disappear. That Garrett holster is a good quality one, and will conceal well.

Another option that's extremely slim and concealable:

(zjj) #1K CLIP HOLSTER

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    N82 Tactical Pro series has cought my eye but i have no experience with it myself. 2 weeks to ship with a lifetime warranty and there said to be the most comfortable IWB holsters on the market. They even have a tuckable version now.
    Priced from. $49.99-69.99 I believe.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    You can conceal a P238 no problem. They are practically a pocket gun, so IWB they can just disappear. That Garrett holster is a good quality one, and will conceal well.

Another option that's extremely slim and concealable:

(zjj) #1K CLIP HOLSTER

Hmmm... Now that you mention it, an IWB holster may be overkill... I've already got an ankle holster on each ankle so I'm running out of places to put guns. I'm not a big fan of pocket holsters. Thanks for your suggestion but man it gets pricey if you start adding things on. I used to carry a PF9 with a pocket clip and I could easily conceal that in jeans and t-shirt. I just want something to protect the gun and keep it in a secure, concealed and comfortable position since I want to keep it cocked and locked and dont won't it to print on my skinny ass. Sometimes I wished I lived further up north so I could actually wear a jacket and pack whatever the hell I want comfortably.

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    N82 Tactical Pro series has cought my eye but i have no experience with it myself. 2 weeks to ship with a lifetime warranty and there said to be the most comfortable IWB holsters on the market. They even have a tuckable version now.

I can almost guarantee you that design, as with pretty much all hybrids, will seriously impede drawstroke. I'm sure it's probably extremely comfortable, just like the Comp Tac MTAC and Crossbreed Super Tuck, but it likely has the same exact problems those holsters do. I tried using my carry holster MTAC for IDPA matches for something like 6 months a couple years ago. It absolutely SUCKED for actually drawing a gun. Something to consider. Comfort is great, but if it seriously impedes your performance in getting the gun out, is it really worth it?

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I understand where your coming from, and I often wonder if the confort is worth the trade off of not getting my thumb in behind the grip quick to draw. Most people on there youtube reviews say its slightly different and you need to practice for that style of holster.

I use a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster for my LCP and I forget its even there. I would recommended it if interested in pocket carry.
    gehepa7e.jpg

Buddy of mine also uses this holster for hit Kimber Solo and loves it.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    My husband pockets the 238 with a DeSantis ("P6" on the tag). I IWB the 238 and the 938 in my Bodhi. Will be building him a Bodhi for himself as he's been asking. That will work a little better on certain jeans or shorts where pocket size/space is of issue or style of clothing.

The 238 is pretty flexible for carry and it disappears. Honestly, you cannot go wrong buying a holster from a quality maker. There are a lot out there. If they have not or cannot build an IWB for the 238 then they are doing something wrong in their IWB R&D. Go with a quality brand and you should be fine. The 238 is so small that there are few ways to screw it up. There are ways, but few ways.

gv14.jpg

i0vt.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    So I ended up going with the n82 pro based on reviews. I normally abhor IWB carry because inevitably, something you do is going to either poke you or make the gun print. I figured I'd go with comfort since it's so small anyway. I hope you're wrong SIG Fiend. I'll practice like a mofo just in case. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'll report back once I get the holster and will write a mini-review. Hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep tonight. My P238's gonna be at my FFL tomorrow and I already have a case of ammo waiting!

I can almost guarantee you that design, as with pretty much all hybrids, will seriously impede drawstroke. I'm sure it's probably extremely comfortable, just like the Comp Tac MTAC and Crossbreed Super Tuck, but it likely has the same exact problems those holsters do. I tried using my carry holster MTAC for IDPA matches for something like 6 months a couple years ago. It absolutely SUCKED for actually drawing a gun. Something to consider. Comfort is great, but if it seriously impedes your performance in getting the gun out, is it really worth it?

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I'm still looking at Hybrid holsters myself. Seems there a love it or hate it holster, but the Nate pro is a nice piece.

uthornfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    I have a N82 Tactical Original model for a Sig P238 and love it. I had read a lot of comments on how comfortable it was and I do have to say it is super comfortable. It is also very reasonably priced, has a lifetime warranty and they ship pretty quick. I haven't been disappointed .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom