• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    When I wear my gun, it rubs on the same spot in my wife's truck seat and I have managed to remove some of the color off of the leather seats. Do you guys know of some dye kits to fix this? I tried doing a search but I'd prefer to hear from some of you guys if you have tried something that works.
    Target Sports

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The only thing I do with leather is to use Lexol Leather Cleaner as needed and Conditioner weekly. I’ve yet to leave discoloration so I can help with that.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    If that fails, try someone who does shoe repair. They're often set up to dye women's shoes for things like weddings. Or check out Tandy.com for leather dyes. Stay away from the new "eco" dyes. Water based dyes just don't work like the older ones.

Keep in mind that leather dyes have color in suspension. Once it dries, there will be color solids left on the surface that have to be rubbed off, or they will end up on someone's clothing.

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    If that fails, try someone who does shoe repair. They're often set up to dye women's shoes for things like weddings. Or check out Tandy.com for leather dyes. Stay away from the new "eco" dyes. Water based dyes just don't work like the older ones.

Keep in mind that leather dyes have color in suspension. Once it dries, there will be color solids left on the surface that have to be rubbed off, or they will end up on someone's clothing.

Thanks for the info Bud. I hadn't thought about that.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom