• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    They used to make that foam base out of rendered fat. I remember going to inspect a turbine compressor station (a rare thing back then) on a warm summer day and I couldn't help but notice that they place smelled like something died. Apparently the company sent a photographer there to take some photos for one of it's publications. He was using the old camera systems with magnesium flash bulbs. When he took a picture, the fire sensor in the building tripped and quickly filled the building with foam. The stuff ran down into every crack and crevice, then decomposed like a giant dead animal, stinking the place up for at least 6 months.

I also visited a hazardous waste facility in Emelle, Alabama that had a foam system in their drum handling building. Someone tripped it a year before our visit and the people who were inside had an awful time getting out. (As memory serves, one of the people touring the facility was a corporate expert and he pushed the button on the fire system "to see what would happen".) I think the building filled in less than 10 seconds and crawling out to a door was difficult. The company had to add some training for people coming on site to make sure we could get out. (Crawl to a wall, then follow the wall to a door.) By the way, if you have ever wondered where the end of the earth is, it's either in or near Emelle, AL.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom