Venture Surplus ad

Does this semi-auto 10mm pistol configuration exist?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Put simply I like double action, all metal, long slide, double stacked magazined pistols! :p

Look here....picking a firearm based on personal preference is simply not done here. Carrying a gun you like will get you killed on the streets. We'll tell you what to buy, and you'll like it that way!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Thanks for the suggestions and interesting comments. :)

I have decided to go ahead and put the EAA Witness 10mm pistol suggested earlier on my buy list. It's a very reasonable price and not a major investment for me so I will give it a go and see how it works out. The barrel length is 4.5 inches which is shorter than what I wanted but it has everything else I am searching for. If I find another 10mm pistol later that is a better match then the EAA I may look into acquiring that.

chschs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Austin
    Looks like the Witness Elite Stock III in 10mm is going to be better then the standard one suggested earlier. Barrel is a bit longer at 4.75 inch and its a better build over the Witness standard. Costs a bit extra but I think its worth it as it looks to be a very nice 10mm pistol.

http://eaacorp.com/guns/handguns/witness-elite-stock-iii-tanfoglio-46

I have one of these. You can get them online for under $900 new/shipped. They're fantastic pistols. This is my second EAA/Tanfoglio 10mm and has a much nicer build quality than my original.

It's basically a giant CZ Shadow 2, for $300 less :)

They shoot AMAZING and handle the full-power 10mm loads just fine. I LOVE this gun and you probably will too.

If you're ever in the Austin area I'd be happy to let you shoot it.

chschs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Austin
    After shooting a guys CZ97, I’ve been thinking that platform would make an excellent 10MM handgun.

The CZ97 is nice, but a little different with a higher bore axis. The Tanfoglio guns, even the "big bore" 45's and 10's are just straight CZ75 clones with that lower bore axis.

In a 10mm I think it does make a difference. I collect 10's and have quite a few different models. I've got an STI Perfect 10 6" 2011, which cost more than 3X as much as the EAA and it doesn't shoot nearly as nice.

I really want to pick up a Witness Hunter 10mm next.

Another nice thing about the Tanfoglio/EAA's is HUGE aftermarket support, and in some cases, true CZ75 parts will drop-in as well.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I have one of these. You can get them online for under $900 new/shipped. They're fantastic pistols. This is my second EAA/Tanfoglio 10mm and has a much nicer build quality than my original.

It's basically a giant CZ Shadow 2, for $300 less :)

They shoot AMAZING and handle the full-power 10mm loads just fine. I LOVE this gun and you probably will too.

If you're ever in the Austin area I'd be happy to let you shoot it.

Your comments confirmed my gut feeling about this pistol so thanks for the feedback.

There seems to be some confusion concerning recoil springs for these pistols. I heave heard that the original one is too light for 10mm use which could cause premature stress on the frame. I found recommendations that the recoil spring be 16# for standard loads and 18# or 20# for heavy loads. What is your take on the recoil springs for this pistol?

chschs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Austin
    There seems to be some confusion concerning recoil springs for these pistols. I heave heard that the original one is too light for 10mm use which could cause premature stress on the frame. I found recommendations that the recoil spring be 16# for standard loads and 18# or 20# for heavy loads. What is your take on the recoil springs for this pistol?

I think the Henning Cone Fit guide rod is a better investment for reducing wear/tear on the frame.

As far as recoil springs, running the lightest spring you can that reliably cycles the gun will reduce the recoil. So it's always a balance between reliability, recoil, and being appropriate for the recoil forces. With 10mm one of the things to pay attention to is the ejected casings. If you're seeing a lot of bulge at the case web, the gun is unlocking early and you'll want to increase the recoil spring weight.

On my Stock III I run the factory springs but use the cone fit guide rod. I reload and collect/inspect my casings (the ones that don't disappear into the stratosphere, haha), and with this combo I don't have any issues with unsafe bulge.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I think the Henning Cone Fit guide rod is a better investment for reducing wear/tear on the frame.

As far as recoil springs, running the lightest spring you can that reliably cycles the gun will reduce the recoil. So it's always a balance between reliability, recoil, and being appropriate for the recoil forces. With 10mm one of the things to pay attention to is the ejected casings. If you're seeing a lot of bulge at the case web, the gun is unlocking early and you'll want to increase the recoil spring weight.

On my Stock III I run the factory springs but use the cone fit guide rod. I reload and collect/inspect my casings (the ones that don't disappear into the stratosphere, haha), and with this combo I don't have any issues with unsafe bulge.

Saw a video on the Henning Cone Fit guide rod. That should be standard on the pistol. I will totally be getting one of those.

Top Bottom