Hurley's Gold

Does anyone have the MTAC or Spartan Holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I am considering these holsters. I hear it's a lot of holster for a small gun like a Glock 26, but I like the idea of getting another shell for my Glock 30.

Can anyone recommend them? Are they comfortable?
    Hurley's Gold

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Best IWB I have ever used, I have the MTAC in left and right hand for my Glocks and carried an XD in a Spartan. The MTAC is much more comfortable againt skin IMHO.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Another vote for the MTAC. It breaks in nicely and is very comfy carrying my full size M&P .40. I ordered their Kydex-reinforced belt along with the holster and it's a great combo for IWB carrying.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Best IWB I have ever used, I have the MTAC in left and right hand for my Glocks and carried an XD in a Spartan. The MTAC is much more comfortable againt skin IMHO.

Really, so there is a comfort difference in the Spartan? Is it easy to change shells?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I own the MTAC for my Glock 19 with the slide model, s o I could use other 9mm glocks.

Love it. Comfortable. I haven't tried the spartan. Sorry, I can't compare.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Really, so there is a comfort difference in the Spartan? Is it easy to change shells?

There is a SLIGHT comfort difference as the back of the MTAC is covered in smooth side out, as for changing shells, the Spartan is slightly easier, but I would just buy a new holster rather than swap shells....

Spiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Rockwall
    I'm wearing an MTAC right now. It's not as comfortable as my VMII, but it hides a Kahr P9 a whole lot better! I routinely wear mine all day and driving long trips with no problems.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I have the MTAC for my G19 and like it. Its comfortable and conceals very well. My only gripe is that the holster is really sensitive to belt tension. Snug up the belt a bit too much and the gun is locked in the holster.

GJW1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Central Texas
    I recently bought a MTAC and right out of the box it's really comfortable. I use if for my DW CBOB, as it has worn in it it just getting better.
    GJW1911

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have not had the pleasure of wearing the MTAC yet... I do have it on order, but I currently own and wear the spartan and I can tell you that it is by far the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. I am not upgrading to the spartan for any other reason than, I got a new pistol and I had a little bit more money for the MTAC this time than I did when I got my spartan last year! I honestly believe you would be happy with either one. I wear an undershirt on a regular basis so I wouldn't be able to validate the above complaint that it is rougher on the skin then the MTAC.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i have one and love it,fits all glock 9/40s/357s get the slide version so one holster fits all. its amazing and can conceal a full size pistol. best holster i've ever used period. get one you wont regret it

Top Bottom