• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you have LTC/carry/shooting insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 83 51.9%
    • No

Votes: 77 48.1%

• Total voters

mz3ctt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2019
    Dallas
    Like with any insurance, it's a "just in case Ace in your pocket". I'm a member of uscca. They have a lot of value in there membership for a low monthly cost.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk
    Guns International

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I know this thread is kinda' dusty but, I just watched this video and thought some of the info. could be worth sharing.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I still don’t have it, but I don’t have a whole lot of assets at stake here in Texas.

The key is being as close to judgement proof as possible. Learn the applicable laws for being judgement proof and it become easier to decide.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still don’t have it, but I don’t have a whole lot of assets at stake here in Texas.

The key is being as close to judgement proof as possible. Learn the applicable laws for being judgement proof and it become easier to decide.
    Are you saying, maybe its best for folks without good restraint?

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Expanding on my previous old post above:

Apparently they are not state regulated insurers like life / auto / home.

I see them more like those extended warranties for your car, which have a lot of 'outs'. And the ability to pay the execs a big bonus then declare bankruptcy once the claims exceed the income.

Just my suspicious nature since the companies are not required to show their books / reserves.

A lawyer who currently works for several of those companies says:
    Some reject bail (even though covered) due to their many technicalities.
    Some make their own uncontestable judgement as to whether the shoot was justifiable self defense. If not, no dice.
    Got a complaint, sue them. The state will not help you.

mrmiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    pflugerville
    Honestly that’s not a reasonable comparison. A better one would be home or auto insurance which I am pretty sure almost every has. Why? Because unlike the items you listed if you need them you really need them. If my phone gets destroyed it’s a few hundred dollars, tv ... same, if I need to use my firearm it will be 10k + and the outcome will determine the rest of my life.

And do you take out insurance on every electronic device you buy or every thing you get at a big box store and they offer it ? Well you should because you might need it.

Better cover the pets too never know if they will get sick.

the list goes on and on and the insurance programs love you for it.

And I would assume it will be coverage like most insurance coverage the bare minimum they can give you to cover there ass. Sure they are going to say you will get some top notch guy but come on is some top notch guy going to come to your rescue at the peanuts the insurance company's pay or is he going to keep taking cases for 500+ an hour.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Honestly that’s not a reasonable comparison. A better one would be home or auto insurance
    Most people have home/auto insurance because it’s a) required by law or contract, and b) it’s insurance.

There is not a single ‘Carry Insurance’ product that’s actual insurance subject to an insurance board/commissioner oversight. All of these are products are either a service contract, a retainer fee, or some combination thereof.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    This should protect you just fine.....:evil:
    xl_080000833_1.jpg

Attachments

• xl_080000833_1.jpg
      xl_080000833_1.jpg