• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I didn't get the Veteran label on my DL because I didn't know about the option until after I was at the counter and didn't have my DD214 with me. I figured I'd never really been asked for an ID so I could get any sort of a discount so no big deal, I'll just do it next time.

I was at Cavenders yesterday picking up a new pair of boots and a couple of shirts. The cashier asked me if I was in the Marines (likely due to my ball cap that said so). Then she said, "can you prove it?"

Having never been asked that before I just stared at her for a second and said what? She said if you can prove you're a vet I can give you a 10% discount. I renewed my CHL earlier this year and the new LTC is stamped Veteran on it, so I pulled that out and showed it to her and said this says I'm a Vet.

She didn't even bat an eye. Just looked at it like it was any other form of ID, said that works, and gave me a 10% discount.

Anyone know of other stores that offer a discount for non-active or non-retired Vets? I kinda like getting those discounts.
    Lynx Defense

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Lowes and Home Depot do the same thing. I just show them my VA card. Helps on big purchases, like when I bought my refrigerator, covered the taxes and then some plus the discount I had already got on it.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Lowes and Home Depot do the same thing. I just show them my VA card. Helps on big purchases, like when I bought my refrigerator, covered the taxes and then some plus the discount I had already got on it.
    Lowes and HD only give non-retiree vets discounts on Veterans Day and Memorial Day weekend (unless their policy has changed recently).

Gander Mt also gives any vet a 5% discount.

tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    Lowes and HD only give non-retiree vets discounts on Veterans Day and Memorial Day weekend (unless their policy has changed recently).

My brother was there last week and the gave him a discount. Just had to show his ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado

They have always given me the discount. I'm a disabled vet but all I do is flash the VA card and in goes the discount. I've never been given issues.

Last edited:

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Denny's gives 10% and Taco Cabana give 20% IIRC. When I went to apply for my TXDL the desk clerk ask me if I was a Veteran, and I was carrying my DD214 as I made the rounds of making Texas my home again. It automatically showed up on my CHL.

GunDok

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2016
    Texas
    This is one area you guys have got it right.
    in the UK when I leave the Army in 2 months all I get is a little badge (that you can probably buy on eBay) that has the word veteran on it.
    we can get a 'defence discount card' that is run by a commercial company, no vets ID etc and that card is the only thing that gets you a discount (other than an active duty ID)

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Sounds like you need to change that location ID to Texas & U.K.

Top Bottom