• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    Been there once last year when I was in the area for an IDPA match. It was my 1st comp. The guys there were very helpful and instructive. Had a great time. They still send me an email all the time. No problems here.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I had to go see a client this morning, and when I realized I was only going to be 5 miles from Shiloh, I packed my gun to make a range trip out of it. I wanted to see what all this negative energy was about.

I have concluded that it is all bunk.

I walked in the front door and Jeff (who I eventually met along with his brother) greeted me with a hearty "Welcome". He then asked me if I was there to use the range. I indicated I was, and he rang me up for the range fee. We got to BSing a little and he asked what I was shooting. I then let him fondle and oh and ah over my Cerakote job on the 1911.

I then proceeded back to the 25 foot range. The pully system for the targets needs some updating, but they functioned flawlessly. Vetilation was good, as was the lighting. After I shot up 1 target, I went to purchase another one. They were gracious enough to tell me just to take another and not worry about it. I am not sure they do that for everyone, or if it was my stunning good looks, but it was a nice gesture.

After I finished shooting, I looked around the shop for w few minutes to see if there was anything that I couldn't live without. Fortunately for my marriage's sake there wasn't. I thanked Jeff for his hospitality and he invited me back on Thursdays, as apparently they offer BBQ on that day.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, and I will defiantly return when I am in the area. I wish they were closer, because they are good people, but it is a bit far from Katy for a quick range trip.

MK

Top Bottom