• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    They suck. They are the most incompetent, unorganized piss poor business I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. You never speak to anyone in the US. Anything they attempt get screwed royally up. Call after call after call and nothing gets straightened out.

After 15 years, I'm ready to go totally streaming............

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I thought they would have gotten better when ATT bought them. They all do suck. We just renewed with DTV because they screwed us on a functional app for 5 months and gave us a discount. I told them I would resign if we kept the same deal. $75 for DTV and Internet was hard to pass up. Maybe I will try streaming at next contract expiration.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I use TWC for internet (no cable tv). They have been quick to resolve service problems. The contract technicians have been very good on the few occasions they have been needed.

My only gripe is the price. Not enough competition in the neighborhood.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Do you need traditional TV? Everything I want to watch I stream or download. And I can't stand commercials.
    I don't need it, but my wife is a technophobe. I don't have enough years left in my life to teach her how to stream movies or TV shows. :) She is pretty good with the DirecTV DVR tho. We never watch live TV. Everything is recorded so we can FF through the commercials.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    After 63 minutes (again) on the phone last night with some young lady whose English was atrocious...I was assured it has all been taken care of......I've been told that numerous times already. We used to have 5 receivers and went to 1........and they keep charging us for 5 for several months now....they never received the receivers, the serial numbers don't match, on and on.......even though FedEx tracking and the person who signed for them was provided. They promised to send me a box to return them in January. It showed up last week. I paid for the return myself in Feb.

They even promised me FedEx would pick them up between 0800-1200 noon on a Sunday.........Ha!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My wife worked for DirecTV, and for AT&T (on the DirecTV business) for about a year after the purchase.

AT&T doesn’t give a shit about the DirecTV subscriber base. They’ve been pushing people toward terrestrial UVerse service from the get-go.

AT&T bought DirecTV for one reason only: they wanted DirecTV’s wireless spectrum...you know, the frequencies the FCC auctioned-off years ago.

This will allow them to offer (future) very high bandwidth wireless comms under the AT&T umbrella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    We used to have 5 receivers and went to 1........
    Did that too. Deactivated one of our 3 receivers. I wish I could remember which DTV number I called, but I got a fella named Bert who sounded very American. I went to the DTV website the next day, and the receiver had been removed from my equipment list. He said I would receive an email with disposition instructions for the receiver and the access card. It's been a week, but I haven't heard from them.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    My wife worked for DirecTV, and for AT&T (on the DirecTV business) for about a year after the purchase.

AT&T doesn’t give a shit about the DirecTV subscriber base. They’ve been pushing people toward terrestrial UVerse service from the get-go.

AT&T bought DirecTV for one reason only: they wanted DirecTV’s wireless spectrum...you know, the frequencies the FCC auctioned-off years ago.

This will allow them to offer (future) very high bandwidth wireless comms under the AT&T umbrella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    When we lived in Odessa we had U-Verse and loved it, but every time we talked to AT&T they continuously pushed us toward DirecTV. It didn’t matter what you called them for or they called you for. Every conversation involved how we should shift to DirecTV and how much greater it was.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Our only real internet option here is CenturyLink Legacy. It sucks, but what else can we do. I've been a DTV customer for over 20 years. I've never had a problem with them.

Never had a problem with them either till AT&T took them over......as long as you never change anything...all is good.........

Got a letter a few months back saying we were being forced to upgrade to new receivers......our old dvr had been flaking out so we went with it.......that's when all the hassle started........setting up install appointments when I told them I didn't need an installer, ect, ect.....till I finally just told them I was sending everything back but the one receiver.....and the problems just grew exponentially....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom