• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Good flick.

Maybe one of the blade forum that has a movie section or movie blade or weapon forums could help.

Google knife used in film last of the dogmen and they had lots of links.

I found this. From durrknives.Com
    The Oxbow was the knife Tom Berenger used in the movie “Last of the Dogmen”, with Cheyenne Indians in the Montana Rockies. This replica is an extremely stout knife. The overall length of the knife is 10″, with a gorgeous 4-1/2″ exhibition spalted burl bakota wood handle, and 5-1/2″ blade with thick brass guard.

And this referencing it on https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/tom-berengers-knife-in-last-of-the-dogmen.329897/

These are from 2005 so who knows if the referenced maker is still in business.

This is a long shot but here goes.
    In the film "Last of the Dogmen" Tom Berenger, the star, possessed a large drop point camp knife with what appeared to be a seven or eight inch blade and a wood, traditionallly shaped handle secured by six brass pins. The guard was brass and shaped as a finger guard similar to the Puma White Hunter. On the back of the blade, immediately in front of the guard was a file worked thumb recess. The knife was of full tang construction and was hollow ground.
    Try as I might, and I have been looking for over a year, I cannot find this knife or anything remotely like it anywhere.
    Does anyone know of this knife? If it was custom made, who was the maker? If factory produced, by whom?
    I would dearly love to own a knife just like it.
    All help gratefully received

Next post...
    Paton Knives made it. Cool movie, I actually bought this one on DVD.

And next post....
    Talk to Rob Patton at http://www.pattonknives.com. I believe you are asking about the Mini-Bowie. Nice knife, BTW.

There are several more references on the Google search to the actual maker being Patton knives and several replica knives. They ain't cheap.

Top Bottom