• ...and so much more!
  • Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    How do you delete media that you've uploaded to an album? I uploaded a lot of junk pictures I wanna delete but the only options I see are move and edit when i highlight pictures.
    Hurley's Gold

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    no delete.png
    @SQLGeek this is what I get....

Last edited:

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    Can you use move the item to delete?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Negative. You can only move to other albums... This is so bizarre... I'm using firefox. I would assume firefox is supported. everything else seems to be working right its jsut that delete button is just missing for some reason...

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    I'm still unable to delete media I upload. I've tried with firefox and chrome. the delete option just isn't there for me... I wonder if there's a setting within the code that doesn't allow me to use it since i was still a "new member" when i bought the lifetime membership. Maybe it activated all the options for lifetime members but since I was still a new member, it didn't activate the ability to delete media or something? I know if the permission tree isn't set up properly (parent trees, etc) even if you have access to certain features since you went straight from newbie to elite (using examples here) you miss out on all the other rank features. like if newbies can only post. and donator rank allow colored names. you have newbie permissions but you're able to have colored names instead of having features like tagging people or deleting content that normal rank users are able to do... I'm not sure how the permission system is setup here but it's just a thought.. back when I managed a message board sometimes it was a pain to set up new ranks because whoever setup the default permissions didn't add parent groups so you had to manually add each permission to each new rank you made instead of just having permissions build on top of each other as the ranks progressed. @Vaquero are you in charge of the permissions? I wonder if my account is missing the media deletion permission..?

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    "All users must belong to at least one user group but can be members of many. We recommend that all users have the registered group as their primary user group -- including your moderators and administrators! When a new user registers, they will always be put in the registered group automatically." maybe im still in the unverified group instead of being put in the registered users group? idk. im searching XenForos community to possibly figure out why im unable to delete media even tho i should have permission to do so. as a tech nerd those kinds of errors and bugs bother me until i figure out whats happening.

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    "There are multiple permission sets that come together to define a user's final set of permissions. Under the Groups & permissions section, these include:

• User group permissions: the permissions defined for each user group you have created
    • User permissions: an optional set of additional permissions to apply to specific users. This is used for things like moderator permissions. However, if you are ever going to apply the same permissions to multiple users, we recommend creating user groups.
    • Node permissions: these are override permissions for specific nodes. This will be discussed more in the next section."
    maybe try to manually put in the media deletion permission as a user permission instead of my user group. see if that works?

Top Bottom