Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think we all can remember a firearm we were going to buy someday...then the manufacturer either abandoned it or went out of business.

For example, about the Hudson, DyeF9 recently said:
    Sounds like they went belly up. Shame, I liked their pistol, even if it was a bit pricey
    Personally, I can think of several more similar cases.

Wichita used to make great bolt actions. They are the only firearms I ever set out to formally collect and I'm very proud of that collection. But the company, while it still existed, orphaned their bolt actions and didn't seem to want to even acknowledge they ever made any. Theoretically, Nolan Jackson retired and sold the company in 2013 to a gunsmith who was going to revive it but that doesn't seem to have happened. Their web site hasn't been edited in 17 years, though it stays up, showing off some wonderful things that you just can't buy any more. There's a sad little FB page with just one pitiful post.

RIP, Wichita.

Texas Longhorn Arms was another. They made very high quality, traditional single action revolvers. They showed and were about to begin production of a tiny, elegant single-shot .22 for informal target shooting. I was salivating over that one. Then the company went belly up. I still remember seeing their assets being sold off, including a number of unfinished frames for that .22 I wanted so badly. They were so close but just never got there. Lots of people liked their revolvers and still do, to this day, as demonstrated by the prices they bring.

RIP, Texas Longhorn Arms.

While they may still live on in our hearts, who here would like to post a short tribute to a gone-too-soon gunmaker or product line?
    Gun Zone Deals

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am going with the FN FS2000. Interesting take on a bullpup rifle. Being a left handed shooter (and reloader) the front ejection is very intriguing to me.

It has a very weird grip but seemed to fit the hands well. I held a few but never fired one.

They used to sell for $1600 but since FN dropped them used models start about $2200.

I didn't have enough interest to pay $1600 so they can keep them for more.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I got the pleasure of enjoying the amt lightning in my early 20’s. Very good ruger knock off and extremely accurate.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Sig Sauer

The company has ADHD right now. They've discontinued so many products that they only introduced 1 or 2 years ago. Afraid to buy anything from them due to them ceasing to support the product a couple years down the road.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I am going with the FN FS2000. Interesting take on a bullpup rifle. Being a left handed shooter (and reloader) the front ejection is very intriguing to me.

It has a very weird grip but seemed to fit the hands well. I held a few but never fired one.

They used to sell for $1600 but since FN dropped them used models start about $2200.

I didn't have enough interest to pay $1600 so they can keep them for more.

Same exact thoughts and experience on this as well.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Man, the hudson facebook page is filled with some pretty pissed off customers. I test fired one at eagle gun range in lewisville and I enjoyed it.

Now one gun that is no longer made and it really grinds my gears is the Ruger 10/22 in .22 magnum

Just got an email from a distributor selling the Hudson at a pretty steep discount.....never have been a fan.......can't say why exactly though...

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Winchester Model 12, 61(especially the magnum), 62, 42, 43, 1895, 1873, 1892.

Colt SAA, 1903, all c&b models

S&W No.3 American, Triple-Lock

Merwin&Hulbert

Sharps Rifle Company

Top Bottom