Patriot Mobile

Dallas DA John Creuzot issues new prosecution policies...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    RM 620... (it used to go across the top of the dam, if I recall right), ..

It did. 620 necked down to two lanes to get across it.

Used to make the drive up 2222 to 620, across the dam to date a girl in Lake Travis.

2222 used to be quite sporty, too.

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I couldn't remember whether the road or the town had the singular.
    Both:
    City of Bee Cave was named by early settlers for a large cave of wild bees found near the site.

Bee Cave Road is literally the road to the City of Bee Cave from Austin:
    http://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/RM/RM2244.htm

Google Maps insists on calling it Bees Caves Road due to one misprinted road sign at Mopac and 2244 near Weslake.

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Huh. I've always hear the road named in the plural since I can remember. And I can remember when all there was of the town was the old Trading Post - which is now some kind of cafe, but back in the day it was just a bar - and the church at the intersection of 71 and 620.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    RM 620. Goes from Bee Caves all the way around the side of Lake Travis (it used to go across the top of the dam, if I recall right), past the little family cemetery my parents and other kin are buried in, then around the north end of Austin to Round Rock. Pleasant drive, even with all the traffic.

I think the FM Rd. I am thinking of is FM1431 from Marble Falls to I35 in Round Rock. Try to ride it when in the area

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    But neither of you live in the disputed area as delineated on the map in post #36.
    I will acknowledge, however, that even a small hill in Allen is a big deal.

Y’all are the only ones disputing that Austin is not the Hill Country.

The rest of us know better. If you’re east of the Balcones Escarpment, you’re not in the Hill Country.

Nobody cares about TPWD’s admin boundary except the park police.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets...fficial-DACreuzotPoliciesLetter_April2019.pdf
    Here are a few gems:

Theft of Necessary Items

Study after study shows that when we arrest, jail, and convict people for non-violent crimes
    committed out of necessity, we only prevent that person from gaining the stability necessary to
    lead a law-abiding life. Criminalizing poverty is counter-productive for our community’s
    health and safety. For that reason, this office will not prosecute theft of personal items less than
    $750 unless the evidence shows that the alleged theft was for economic gain.

Driving While License Suspended (DWLI)

Prosecuting a person for driving while their license is suspended is often just prosecuting a
    person for being too poor to pay off their fines and fees. I have developed a diversion program
    that will result in charges being dismissed for defendants who clear their drivers’ licenses.

First-Offense Marijuana

Although African Americans and people of other races use marijuana at similar rates, in Dallas
    County African Americans are three times more likely to be prosecuted for misdemeanor
    marijuana possession than are people of other races. After arrest, African Americans are
    assessed money bond at a higher rate for marijuana possession, and are assessed higher bond
    amounts than other races. African Americans are more likely to be convicted of marijuana
    possession once charged and are more likely to serve a jail sentence.1
    The District Attorney must take action to end that disparity. To that end, I have declined
    prosecution on misdemeanor possession of marijuana cases for first-time offenders whose
    offenses do not occur in a drug-free zone, involve the use or exhibition of a deadly weapon, or
    involve evidence of delivery. After the first offense, people will be offered a program that, if
    successfully completed, will keep their record clear. I am also in the process of dismissing all
    pending misdemeanor marijuana cases filed before I took office, according to the new policy
    stated above. To date, I have dismissed over a thousand misdemeanor marijuana cases.

Different Strokes for Different Folks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Suck it up, Shop Owners: “You didn’t get where you are on your own.”; “Your wealth was obtained illegitimately on the backs and with the sweat of the disadvantaged!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually, the “disadvantaged” turns out to be the business owner.
    He’s the one working the hardest, for the most hours, at the least amount of pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom