• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Ok, everyone. Let's have a little accountability. After sitting on my butt for too many weeks I'm back up to 207 lb. after being down to 190. My workout routine is shot.

Went for a run today. 2.5 miles in 41 minutes. Ok, I walked most of it and sore as hell now. Plan to improve that everyday.

Who else worked out today?
    Texas SOT

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Cardiovascularly? No.

Strength? Yes. Physical Therapy people had their way with me for an hour this morning and I had to set up a training schedule for the next week.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Planning on starting strength training next week or maybe the week after. Reading Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" and need to figure out what kind of equipment I need.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Planning on starting strength training next week or maybe the week after. Reading Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" and need to figure out what kind of equipment I need.
    I've heard great things about Starting strength I believe it consists of only 3 exercises Deadlift, Bench press and squats.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Going to the gym after PT. Will end up mostly cardio today. Not cleared for much upper body stuff yet. Hoping next week they clear me to add in some UB work.

Same boat as you. Was down to 170 end of last summer. Multiple injuries some illness and a lazy ass have me ballooning up like someone has a compressor up my butt.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    I also just got back into working out....lost a bunch of weight about 3 years ago and have been slowly putting it back on....enough is enough!

Weighed in today at 256# after being down to 216# so yea....change is in store!

Today I did a bunch of hamstring work and 15 minutes of stairs!

Last edited:

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Realized I mis-timed and yesterday was 43 minutes. Oh well, today was actually 41 minutes though. Ran farther than yesterday but not a great improvement. Down to 203.5 lb. Welcome to my ridiculously fluctuating weight.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Realized I mis-timed and yesterday was 43 minutes. Oh well, today was actually 41 minutes though. Ran farther than yesterday but not a great improvement. Down to 203.5 lb. Welcome to my ridiculously fluctuating weight.
    No big deal I fluctuate 5lbs from day to day. Depending on when you take a dump and eat youre going to have some difference day to day.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I try to weigh myself at the same time every day to reduce the fluctuation. That said, it's not unusual to me to see a 2 lb. difference on any given day. The fact that it was over 2 lb.s lower gives me some hope, but until I see a lower number consistently it doesn't count.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    My weight fluctuates anywhere from 5-10lbs in a single day...better to weight once/week or even once/month so that you see what your body is actually doing over time not just day to day!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...better to weight once/week or even once/month ...
    I weigh myself once a month, at the hospital, when I take my sister in for a standing appointment.

If I weighed myself more often, the depression would kill me. :)

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I weigh myself everyday. It keeps me honest.

Not always a good idea for everyone, depends on what motivates you. I know weight can fluctuate. I can have a really good workout day and a really good food day and still see no change or even an increase. It happens. To the wrong kind of person, that can be devastating.

I, however, am someone who loves data and likes to see trends over time. If the number just keeps increasing, it is not "fluctuating" anymore. :)

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    No run today. Think I pulled something yesterday, was limping most of the day. Took a nice long soak in the tub and I don't look like Gimpy McLimp walking around the office. So much for "daily". Will get back to it tomorrow.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Don't go too big too fast!

I worked out biceps and back on Monday. Yesterday was an excellent shoulder/tricep workout. I usually do legs on Wednesday. I was thinking about skipping and doing legs Thursday, but F that. I'm here to work.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Don't go too big too fast!

I learned the hard way in college. It's good to push yourself. I heard great advice that basically boils down to "You are stronger than you think." When I was doing strength training before, I realized after I heard that maybe I could do more than I was. I started pushing a lot harder and using more weight, but being careful because I have an old injury that will flare up.

Feeling a strain is not the same thing as being injured, but injuries suck. Which is why I took a break. Being down for a day beats not working out for a week due to an injury and then having to rebuild momentum. Possibly a deal killer when I just restarted after almost 2 months of inactivity.

Top Bottom