• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    A fund of some sort to help youngun's get some basic learning gear is a good idea. How does something like that get put together so we can over time build it up and provide a service to our future?

I was thinking along these lines myself. But I don't know how we could go about it. We would need to figure out how to hold the money and how to decide where and when to spend it. Maybe someone here with some organizational skills can help us out.

I will be glad to do whatever I can to help with the project.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Usually someone brings up a need, them people that want to help do so. Eliminates having to keep up with the money, etc.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've been involved in a bunch of similar projects, and I think this one was handled as good as possible.

I've seen excess funds pilfered. I've seen people mad about any number of things they felt was not the best way. Because only one person could possibly know what the best way was, and it wasn't done. Somebody would have to keep records, and no one ever wants to.

The way this was handled was about as good as it gets.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I've been involved in a bunch of similar projects, and I think this one was handled as good as possible.

I've seen excess funds pilfered. I've seen people mad about any number of things they felt was not the best way. Because only one person could possibly know what the best way was, and it wasn't done. Somebody would have to keep records, and no one ever wants to.

The way this was handled was about as good as it gets.
    I agree.

Really happy when someone mentioned a donation limit. The thought crossed my mind but was beat to the punch. If there wasn't a limit that girl may be going to college on us.

It really did go well all around.

Top Bottom