• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Any of the saying's about today being a good day to die is absolute nonsense. Today is a good day to live. Today is a good day to not die.
    Man, what you got against Injuns? Might sound nonsensical but if you try to understand the depth of the saying, it makes perfect sense to me.

Oops, I am getting off topic. I need to go ride my Viffer and ponder my life. I take a quick jaunt down FM157 to Fm875 sometimes to clear my head.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Guns International

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Everyone needs a will. If you have kids, you gotta have one.

Saw two bad situations recently.

Guy died suddenly, mid 40's. Had a business with his brother, and didn't have a will or a business succession agreement. Now the living brother has a partner he didn't plan on having, and who does none of the work the dead guy did.

Another guy died without a will. His kids are in their 30's and married. Dead guy was married to wife#2, for over 20 years. She had to sell their home and possessions and split the proceeds with the step-kids who hate her.

Having a will means you get to have a say in what happens to your stuff. And who takes care of your kids if they are under age 18.

I've seen lots of bad stuff happen when people didn't have a will. If you don't have one, get one, regardless of your age. It could be the best money you ever spent.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Everyone needs a will. If you have kids, you gotta have one.

Saw two bad situations recently.

Guy died suddenly, mid 40's. Had a business with his brother, and didn't have a will or a business succession agreement. Now the living brother has a partner he didn't plan on having, and who does none of the work the dead guy did.

Another guy died without a will. His kids are in their 30's and married. Dead guy was married to wife#2, for over 20 years. She had to sell their home and possessions and split the proceeds with the step-kids who hate her.

Having a will means you get to have a say in what happens to your stuff. And who takes care of your kids if they are under age 18.

I've seen lots of bad stuff happen when people didn't have a will. If you don't have one, get one, regardless of your age. It could be the best money you ever spent.
    Thank you Deemus. I will look into it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Thank you Deemus. I will look into it.

If your stuff isn’t complicated legalzoom.com can work.

Also, the Texas Tech Law School used to have Will workshops where the students drafted the wills as part of their coursework. I don’t recall there being a fee with that, except notarization.

While you’re at it, might as well see about getting an advanced medical directive put in place, too.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If your stuff isn’t complicated legalzoom.com can work.

Also, the Texas Tech Law School used to have Will workshops where the students drafted the wills as part of their coursework. I don’t recall there being a fee with that, except notarization.

While you’re at it, might as well see about getting an advanced medical directive put in place, too.
    Thanks..

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Are the initial
    (1)
    (2)
    (3)
    ALL required?

I've never been married, and never been in the military.

No. The operative word is or at the end of 2. If they meant a combination it would be

1. ...AND

A. ....; or
    B. ....

For all 3 to apply, it would be

1. ...And
    2. ...And
    3. ....

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Are the initial
    (1)
    (2)
    (3)
    ALL required?

I've never been married, and never been in the military.

Are you over the age of 18 ?

I believe the way it is worded it is an “or” based logic. Just on of the 3 has to be true. It allows for members of the military or married persons under the legal age of 18 to make a will.

But then I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV and I seldom sleep at a holiday inn express.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    Are you over the age of 18 ?

I believe the way it is worded it is an “or” based logic. Just on of the 3 has to be true. It allows for members of the military or married persons under the legal age of 18 to make a will.

But then I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV and I seldom sleep at a holiday inn express.

‘And, Or’ Logic..... LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Damn shame. Nothing in this world compares to riding and for 5 years I rode this
    FB_IMG_1547484994341.jpg
    around the Austin area. Last year I finally had enough of all the other drivers stupidity. Enough to stop riding on the road. Still have a dirt bike though.

The go fast itch didn't stop so now I have this.
    FB_IMG_1547485032377.jpg

Some day when I can move away from everyone I will likely ride on the road again. I suppose there are plenty of worse ways to go than a crash. If you have ever watched a loved one wither away from cancer then you know what I mean.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1547484994341.jpg
      FB_IMG_1547484994341.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 232
    • FB_IMG_1547485032377.jpg
      FB_IMG_1547485032377.jpg
      51.8 KB · Views: 224

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Friend of mine used to make a 50 mile commute from Modesto into Livermore in the Bay Area of California. That stretch is about the worse traffic in the world and 2-3 hour backups are common. He told me about this guy who used to blow in and out of the lanes on a bike and would often lane spilt at 50-60 when traffic was at a dead stop. Always wore a red helmet with big red Mohawk on top. One morning this guy cut my friend off, making him slam the brakes; friend hit the horn and the guy flipped him off. A couple of miles down the road traffic opened up and then came to a stop after that. A mile or two down the road was a scene like OP saw only this one had a red helmet with a Mohawk crest laying along the road. News blurb said it was a fatal bike crash and they never saw the Mohawk again.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Friend of mine used to make a 50 mile commute from Modesto into Livermore in the Bay Area of California. That stretch is about the worse traffic in the world and 2-3 hour backups are common. He told me about this guy who used to blow in and out of the lanes on a bike and would often lane spilt at 50-60 when traffic was at a dead stop. Always wore a red helmet with big red Mohawk on top. One morning this guy cut my friend off, making him slam the brakes; friend hit the horn and the guy flipped him off. A couple of miles down the road traffic opened up and then came to a stop after that. A mile or two down the road was a scene like OP saw only this one had a red helmet with a Mohawk crest laying along the road. News blurb said it was a fatal bike crash and they never saw the Mohawk again.
    I'm fascinated with sport bikes. Always will be. Phenomenal machines. But riding like a squid was never my nature.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn shame. Nothing in this world compares to riding and for 5 years I rode this
    View attachment 159881 around the Austin area. Last year I finally had enough of all the other drivers stupidity. Enough to stop riding on the road. Still have a dirt bike though.

The go fast itch didn't stop so now I have this.
    View attachment 159882

Some day when I can move away from everyone I will likely ride on the road again. I suppose there are plenty of worse ways to go than a crash. If you have ever watched a loved one wither away from cancer then you know what I mean.
    Damn good looking Corvette!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    C'mon man, where's your sense of adventure?

I've seen the "mishaps" from folks doing that.

"I want my oldest daughter to get my house. The rest can be split among my kids"

"OK, be sure to put it in writing in your will."

"Oh, I don't want to spend the money to do that....."

Guess who didn't get the house?

Top Bottom