• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcrecelius

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Rio Vista TX
    This is an email that is circulating around my work today...I changed the names and am reposting this as a warning to anyone who uses Craigslist.

A seller had his pickup listed on Craig's list. A guy came to test drive it while his buddy waited in the pickup they came in... After a few minutes, the waiting buddy claimed he was having an allergy attack and left. Suspicious, they took his license plate #. Turns our that truck was stolen.. And of course, the test driver never showed back up with the sellers truck.
    Texas SOT

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I've done some good business over Craig's List over the last few years but I always use caution and have not had a single bad experience. Everything I have bought has been in exactly the condition it was advertised as and the sellers I've met have been friendly. I always insist on meeting in a well populated area or even the seller's place of business, am armed, and have a friend or two with me who are also armed.

I understand that there are some who have been screwed, robbed and worse over Craig's List listings but the way I see it is if it sounds too good to be true it is and a little bit of preparation and caution goes a long way.

Craig's List is just a tool. If used properly it can be a great thing. If misused or used with ignorance it can be a very bad thing.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Never had anyone ask to test drive one of the many cars I have sold on CL. It usually goes down like this....

Them "anything wrong that was not listed?"
    Me, "nope, everything that is wrong is listed"
    Them, "well then I can pay you 1/2 of what you have it listed for",
    Me, "nope, go away"
    Them, "ok, 2/3rds"
    Me, "no"
    Them, "Ok, fine, the amount you are asking is fine, here is the cash."
    Me, "thanks, here is the title, now go away"

Top Bottom