• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I haven't tried that yet. Sounds pricey. Last tow was from the beach and it cost me 120$.

Everything is relative I guess. Would you rather wait 4 hours for a taxi and then still have to make a return trip the following day to fetch your vehicle (and hope it wasn't broken into or towed)?
    Guns International

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    He explained it already. It's a sarcastic way of saying you're very much against something.

Salty is expressing his concern about a great service being forced out. I've used it. Yes I drink, no I don't get drunk. If I have more than one drink I'm not driving, even if II think I'm below the legal BAC.

I couldn't care less what anyone's opinion of drinking is. Great, you don't drink, more power to ya.

TXI, he said multiple times he doesn't drink to excess. He's being extra cautious even if his BAC is 0. Comprende?

Salty, that sucks man. I love that service. Every one I've used has been super friendly.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Calling anyone here a nazi is idiotic. YOU are the one upset you cannot use a particular company who refuses to background check their drivers. YOU are the one who wants to drink out. Millions of people drink outside of the home daily without police intervention.

They do background check their drivers. They just feel that the background checks that the cities want are onerous and I agree. Shit here in Austin it was a huge double standard too as they already did more extensive background checks than the residential/commercial inspection department at the City of Austin. Seriously they will hire almost anyone there and give them a city vehicle, but no Uber/Lyft had to go through a much more expensive process. And to be frank there is no evidence I've seen it would make them safer....they were already incredibly safe in the first place. Uber/Lyft have better safety track records than most cab companies out there and their service is WORLDS better than any cabbie. All these laws are usually pushed by cab companies anyway because they are pissed that their municipality supported monopoly business model was getting interfered with.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    They do background check their drivers. They just feel that the background checks that the cities want are onerous and I agree. Shit here in Austin it was a huge double standard too as they already did more extensive background checks than the residential/commercial inspection department at the City of Austin. Seriously they will hire almost anyone there and give them a city vehicle, but no Uber/Lyft had to go through a much more expensive process. And to be frank there is no evidence I've seen it would make them safer....they were already incredibly safe in the first place. Uber/Lyft have better safety track records than most cab companies out there and their service is WORLDS better than any cabbie. All these laws are usually pushed by cab companies anyway because they are pissed that their municipality supported monopoly business model was getting interfered with.
    Agreed.

And about drinking and drink nazis- this is Texas. We're free. We can drink whatever we want. Water, rio Brazos boxcar bourbon, grey goose, lone star, tea, and whatever other people drink.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Salty, how did they arrest you with a BAC of 0? Don't you have to take a breathalyzer test? Was this in Corpus?
    Lavaca Co.

The law doesn't say that if you blow under, you didn't commit a crime. The courts decide that. It was bullshit discretion. Our officers have the power to make judgement calls. i don't think DWI or DUI is a law that should be discretionary. FACT- DUI by a minor requires no proof of breaking the law by the state. It happened in our lifetime that if a minor admits that they drank before driving they go to jail, even with a 0.000 BAC. This was my case once and then I was wrongly arrested after 21 driving a puking drunk person home. Drinking and driving is stupid, irresponsible, and deadly - don't do it.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    This thread isn't about drinking and driving. It's about cities having the right and balls to take away a service that is saving lives from drunk driving nightly, keeping buzzed drivers off the street, and letting me get around town without driving myself. Uber is a luxury. I used it for everything from date nights, to going to see friends. I know of kids that used uber instead of a school bus.

I want to be able to chose for myself how I get to a movie or back home from a friends house.

Top Bottom