• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Let's see...

While I was in handgun qualifications in the Navy, I made the one-time mistake of referring to 1911 mags as clips...the old hard core Gunny range master kicked me off the line and made me clean all the weapons in the armory before I was allowed to continue my qualifications. (Don't even try telling me that they are the same things...my but still has his teeth marks)

My 10-22 build went full auto with a 25 round mag over at Hot Wells one afternoon when I was tweaking the adjustable sear...got a lot of stern looks but nobody said anything.

Was trying to adjust the scope positioning on my 30-06 and got popped in the eye resulting in a bloody face...pretty embarrassed about that one.

My first handgun was a RG .22 single-six. A friend wanted to chrome plate it and totally screwed up the pot metal frame when he dipped it. I now have some chrome pistol parts.

My second handgun was a Ruger New Model Blackhawk .357 I bought new for $97. I sold it for $150. I still kick myself for that one.

I like Colts.

I don't like Tupperware guns.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Let's see...

While I was in handgun qualifications in the Navy, I made the one-time mistake of referring to 1911 mags as clips...the old hard core Gunny range master kicked me off the line and made me clean all the weapons in the armory before I was allowed to continue my qualifications. (Don't even try telling me that they are the same things...my but still has his teeth marks)

My 10-22 build went full auto with a 25 round mag over at Hot Wells one afternoon when I was tweaking the adjustable sear...got a lot of stern looks but nobody said anything.

Was trying to adjust the scope positioning on my 30-06 and got popped in the eye resulting in a bloody face...pretty embarrassed about that one.

My first handgun was a RG .22 single-six. A friend wanted to chrome plate it and totally screwed up the pot metal frame when he dipped it. I now have some chrome pistol parts.

My second handgun was a Ruger New Model Blackhawk .357 I bought new for $97. I sold it for $150. I still kick myself for that one.

I like Colts.

I don't like Tupperware guns.
    Dammit boy

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I grew up on property with a .22. I always had proper firearms handling skills as it was taught to me young, but man if I didn't do some dumb shit when nobody was looking.

Use to sneak out the bigger guns when nobody was home and set up stuff to shoot bottles, cans etc.. I always looked at our neighbors deer feeder as a target as a kid, but knew I couldn't shoot at it. One day nobody was home I was being stupid and decided to pop a shot at it. About 400 yards with my dad's mini 14. PLANK! Oh shit!

Put the gun up, got on my little dirtbike and hauled ass over to the fence line. I hit that suckered right on battery compartment and acid was everywhere. I'm fucked! Got my ass kicked, grounded and worked in the neighbors property to pay it off etc...
    It was worth it cause man that was a heck of shot.

Last edited:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    When I bought my ACR, I took it to the range. One shot per second. Somehow I was emptying my 20 round magazine in 7 or 8 shots.

It was slam firing the 2 or 3 rounds at a time, but so fast I did not realize it, nor did anyone else. Long story short, it was packed up and sent back to Bushy, and a week later they officially started the recall. They replaced the firing pin, spring, and I am not sure what else.

I was lucky, someone else shot their foot off with one.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I faceplanted climbing a steep hill this very morning. My Mini-14 also faceplanted...

I had to clean a half-inch plug of mud and dirt out of the barrel when I got to the house.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    At least you had the sense to not fire the damn thing after the fall. Saw a guy at the LGS with a blown-out 12 gauge barrel today, looking for a quote on a replacement. Guy behind the counter asked what happened - he had set it muzzle-down in the mud/dirt at the county gun club range, didn't think to clear it before pulling the trigger.

Think my most recent sin is letting my .22 rifle sit virtually untouched for two and a half months. Since I brought it home, its just been propped up behind my bedroom door.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Heavy sigh.....

My wife's hipoint carbine just became the "go to" gun in the front of the safe. Just put a red dot on it for her. Unloaded my Ruger mag and put the cor-bons in the high point mag. Put on a forward grip. Then I thought, "man I should get a light for this in case someone breaks in at night or if shtf and its dark out......"

Suddenly, I realized I tacticooled her hipoint... :-C

Damn

But I guess its not all bad. I DIDNT put a lazer on it!!!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Forgive me, I have sinned yet again........

I know, I know....I over paid at $60.00.....

80-raven_d2ae7b3909d53833901d80d8f18199377ad47c7e.jpg

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Got to thinking about grins, reminded me of a sin, so... Bump!

Was firing blanks out of my Rogers & Spencer one time. I had packed the cylinder with cream of wheat on top of the powder, followed by crisco to seal off the cylinder. After 2 shots, the crisco melted a bit. Fired shot #3 and chain-fired 4-6.

I will never use anything but floral foam ever again.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Used to "hunt" my sister with my Dads A5 Browning. Loaded with shells containing just the primer and toilet paper. Changed my ways when Dad found out.
    Like S&W products, own an M&P and use the small grip adapter.

Top Bottom