0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409

LunaticFringeInc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    North Texas
    Its about time some of these gun manufactures start voting with their feet and take their company and jobs with them to some place thats more pro 2nd Amendment oriented and business friendly. They would be very welcomed here in Texas!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Good for Colt.

They will probably pay for the move in a year just by the savings in labor. Wages up that way are unreal especially if you are Union.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    The country is dividing and it would seem perhaps this administration wants that to happen, the old divide and conquer idea. In any event the people driving this effort appear to be ignorant or evil but overall it could be good for southern states in terms of jobs.
    Personally I avoid purchasing from anti-gun states, in time they may wake up if enough people would do same.

Last edited:

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Dear Colt

nothing good is currently in place in the city of Lubbock - feel free to occupy and spruce it up a bit

Love, Texas

my apologies to any Tech-ies and/or Lubbock-ers (tongue in cheek and in reference to comments made by California Governor Jerry Brown)

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Colts decision to stop manufacturing most handguns (outside of custom shop) makes used ones one of the best investments you can make..

Like we need "reasons" to buy guns huh.. Neat thing is i've been using the "investment" deal on the lovely Mrs Padre for years, and now it's actually real.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd support Colt in whatever gun-friendly state they move to. Hell, I already have a Colt.....

img1783k.jpg

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I don't really think Colt is all that serious. I don't think they will be as expedient or decisive as we have seen, for example, from Magpul. For some reason I see a lot of haggling and politicking. Colt's employees are UAW and don't know why but I see that being a factor.

Colt does already have a plant in Kissimme, FL (and there was drama). It wouldn't be hard to start somewhere else. At least the impact of a move would be slightly lessened by having an existing plant.
    Colt to Open New Facility > Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Wow! Magpul did an awesome thing, but my guess is Colt moving would have a much larger impact.
    Good for them for at least presenting the possibility of the threat.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Huh? When did this occur?

One of the most "un"reported things in the industry Kurt, but very much a fact.. Obviously you can still buy "some" Colt handguns, but i've read figures in gun mag's that the overall handgun production from Colt is down 70%-80%.. The first reports on the cut back (that i saw) date back some five, or six years, then following the 2008 SHOT show it was covered in all the periodicals from AHG to SGN..

I just heard a debate about this in one of my local gun stores (i stalk but no RO's.. yet) last week.. Guess you could speculate on a lot of reasons why it wasn't more reported, i can tell you every article i read was of those little "industry news" type things you find in the back of the mag's.

Just did a quick google on the issue.. fact but way confusing .. course i haven't figured out the site yet so ...

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Colt screwed the pooch when they put all their effort and product availability to the Military contract side of the company...Then guess what? Contracts ran out and many were awarded to other companies like FNH......

The Civilian side of Colt is only now starting to come back around...

imho....

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Colt screwed the pooch when they put all their effort and product availability to the Military contract side of the company...Then guess what? Contracts ran out and many were awarded to other companies like FNH......

The Civilian side of Colt is only now starting to come back around...

imho....

They sure did. Colt always had the govt buttering their bread and I think it's created a fissure of sorts with the commercial/civilian market. Let's see what they do now they they are on the other side of the fence.

Top Bottom