• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I looked at the colt as well as the M&P15-22 if you are dead set on a M4 style rifle then I would go with the M&P but I ended up buying a Sig 522. It just had an overall better feel, and it used the easy to find blackdog mags

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I really like my 522. Light weight, accurate enough. I already had a CMMG conversion BCG and a handful of Blackdog Mags, so it was an easy choice. Only problem I had is that it came with no sights. I had to run out to Academy and buy a crappy $35 BSA red-dot just so I could go shoot it immediately. I haven't decided what the permanent solution to the sighting problem is gonna be. Maybe an airsoft Eotech knockoff.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well, this whole query originated when I decided I wanted to do an Appleseed event. They recommend bringing two rifles - a 22 and a bigger gun for the long distance stuff - and that they recommend a semi-auto because the shoots are timed. I already have two bolt-action .22s and one lever action 22, but they take a lot longer to cock and bring back to target, so I figured I'd get a tactical 22 (my only other reasonably priced option is the Ruger 10/22, and I simply don't want one of those).

I saw a guy on GunTrader that had a Colt M4, and after I posted the message here, I googled it and found the same stuff you guys mentioned, and decided I'd rather have the M&P. I''ve got some CZ rifles in the classifieds here that I'm trying to sell/trade, but I figure it might be some time before they go.

So, if anyone here knows anyone with a M&P15/22 they want to trade, steer them in my direction. :)

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I really like my 522. Light weight, accurate enough. I already had a CMMG conversion BCG and a handful of Blackdog Mags, so it was an easy choice. Only problem I had is that it came with no sights. I had to run out to Academy and buy a crappy $35 BSA red-dot just so I could go shoot it immediately. I haven't decided what the permanent solution to the sighting problem is gonna be. Maybe an airsoft Eotech knockoff.

You could get one of the Primary Arms red dots. They should be able to stand up to a .22 just fine, and they're a lot cheaper than anything you'll get from EOtech, and better than any airsoft scope.

Top Bottom