• ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    25FhMEOh.jpg

It's one of my favorite foods in the world. No others compare that I have ever had. Then again only my one grandfather liked it & he only got truly crappy ones gifted to him.

I'll wait until the wife leaves for her parents to open mine & eat it all by myself.

Last edited:

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    They are very good and a legendary place to get one. My old teeth are falling out so rapdily cant hardly handle the pee cans any longer. lol.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I have yet to find anything that tastes less than exceptional at Collin Street... every time I head that far East on I-20, it takes pounds of "won't" power to NOT turn off that exit...

If the route to UT Tyler wasn't
    Shorter from Canton on 64, I'd probably weigh 10# more than I do now. Was hard the last week going to Lowe's in Lindale, passing it 4 times... only save was my wife was with me, and is on a keto diet.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    First it was the donut thread, now stollen... is this the 12 days of diabetes?

Well... yes?

My mom used to make awesome stollen.

Dang. Like virtually nobody in Germany makes their own stollen anymore.
    50 years before _I_ was born, it was still a thing for housewives to prep (as in mix, knead, form into loaves) stollen at home, then load them onto handcarts, drag them to the neighborhood baker who baked them, drag them back home, and decorate them with butter and powdered sugar.
    Nowadays you just buy them at the store. Sadly, German Deli in Colleyville has shut down, so now it's Kuby's in Snyder Plaza, or any ole Aldi.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Well... yes?

Dang. Like virtually nobody in Germany makes their own stollen anymore.
    50 years before _I_ was born, it was still a thing for housewives to prep (as in mix, knead, form into loaves) stollen at home, then load them onto handcarts, drag them to the neighborhood baker who baked them, drag them back home, and decorate them with butter and powdered sugar.
    Nowadays you just buy them at the store. Sadly, German Deli in Colleyville has shut down, so now it's Kuby's in Snyder Plaza, or any ole Aldi.
    My frau makes stollen.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    My mom sent me a Collins fruitcake every Christmas.
    I soaked them with a different liquor each year until I ran out of choices.
    Rum and bourbon were always my favorites.

Top Bottom