Capitol Armory ad

Coat hangers...not just for abortions any more!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Not interested in experimenting with that.

When I was young and dumber I did some Mac 10 mods and had suppressor parts. The ATF were not the evil Busturds portrayed by some. They were quite forgiving considering they had me by the short hairs and I was up for $100,000 fine and 10 years in prison. I did have to surrender the Mac 10. I won’t get into how the suppressor parts were dealt with.

I hope no one here will make a DIAS, it’s just not worth it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Not interested in experimenting with that.

When I was young and dumber I did some Mac 10 mods and had suppressor parts. The ATF were not the evil Busturds portrayed by some. They were quite forgiving considering they had me by the short hairs and I was up for $100,000 fine and 10 years in prison. I did have to surrender the Mac 10. I won’t get into how the suppressor parts were dealt with.

I hope no one here will make a DIAS, it’s just not worth it.

Care to mention what caused them to actually contact you?

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Using one of those is a really good way to blow up your gun. Due to the lack of precision in making the part it could fire when it is out of battery.

A word to the wise; don't do it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Using one of those is a really good way to blow up your gun. Due to the lack of precision in making the part it could fire when it is out of battery.

A word to the wise; don't do it.
    How could this part bypass the safety system built into the rifle? It is independent of the firing system.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    How could this part bypass the safety system built into the rifle? It is independent of the firing system.

It could release the hammer before the bolt rotates fully into the locked position. I suspect that the guy in the video knows this and that is why he was using blanks.

I am assuming that the 'safety system' that you refer to is the disconnector holding the hammer. This device pushes on the disconnector causing it to release the hammer and thus firing the rifle.

It is not independent of the firing system, it would become part of the firing system. If it weren't it would not cause the rifle to fire automatically.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It could release the hammer before the bolt rotates fully into the locked position. I suspect that the guy in the video knows this and that is why he was using blanks.

I am assuming that the 'safety system' that you refer to is the disconnector holding the hammer. This device pushes on the disconnector causing it to release the hammer and thus firing the rifle.

It is not independent of the firing system, it would become part of the firing system. If it weren't it would not cause the rifle to fire automatically.
    Not true. It the bolt doesn't fully rotate then the firing pin won't reach the primer.

The hammer disconnect has nothing to do with firing before the bolt is locked.

I have had a trigger wear out and go full auto on me. The gun either fires in battery or doesn't fire at all depending on the speed of the hammer release among other things. Usually you get a two or three shot burst before the hammer falls too fast and stops firing with the hammer down on the firing pin.

I am definitely not saying an AR won't fire out of battery but it isn't because the hammer is falling too fast. Sorry, that's just the way it works.

Even build up of fouling in the chamber keeps the bolt open thousandths of an inch and is enough to keep it from firing.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yep. Bolt rotates in to the carrier about 1/8” as it locks. If it’s not locked the firing pin will be about 1/8” too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif