• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasPatriot1916

Active-Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2018
    Dallas
    Curious to know if any of you have ever dealt with the CMP ? and have order'd a rifle from CMP! What is the official process ? From my understanding you have to get some papers notarized ? with a tone of other info ?
    Venture Surplus ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    IMG_3927.JPG
    I also would be Interested in having a Garand to live next to my M1 Carbine
    The Garand is a Springfield Armory made in late 53 Seriel #4,356,xxx. IIRC it went through RRAD in the 60's probably for Vietnam

Attachments

• IMG_3927.JPG
      IMG_3927.JPG
      484.5 KB · Views: 508
    Last edited:

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I'll add: Get at least a Service Grade, the extra $100 is more than worth it! The .308 'Specials' have received rave reviews, by the way - and ammo is much easier to find.

Eli

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    If you can swing it I would highly recommend actually going to CMP North or South. I used to live 6 hours away from the North store at Camp Perry (Ohio). On multiple occasions I drove 6 hrs east, spent an hour picking out my rifle, then turned around and drove 6 hours west. While you are there you can borrow their gauges to measure throat and muzzle erosion. They will answer any questions you have. As long as you meet all the requirements and bring the required paperwork (and $$$) they will approve you on the spot and you can walk out with your rifle. They will also sometimes put out little Easter egg finds like rare M1 Carbines and other goodies for customers that come in. Finally, it might just be me but I don't like playing the rifle lottery. Picking out my rifle from the rack after evaluating all the ones I was interested in was very gratifying and I love every rifle I have acquired from the CMP. Good Luck.

Top Bottom