• ...and so much more!
  • aceswild4405

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2023
    Dallas
    Hey All,

Wasn't quite sure where the best place to put a PCC thread was, but landed here. I'm in the process of making some room in the safe to get a Banshee in .45 ACP. I'm already sold on the caliber (and the gun for the most part for my purposes) but I was just looking to see if anyone in here had any first hand experience with them.

Reviews I've found have been generally positive, but I have heard some accuracy rumblings. Let me know if you have one or have played with one!
    Capitol Armory ad

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Kinda. Sorta.
    I have a AR45 I put together that utilizes a CMMG RDB bolt and barrel.

It functions flawlessly so far, but I have yet to do any accuracy testing with it.

platoon2063

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    waco
    The 9mm guns have ejection issues.

They're OOS now, but you may want to take a look at the Macon Armory DI .45 uppers
    I'll revise this for you by stating some 9mm pcc have ejection issues. I've owned a Foxtrot Mike for over two years now......couple of thousand rounds down range and never had one single issue at all. That being said, I also own an Aero 9mm and at first had a few ejection and failure to feed issues. All fixed up now, though.

I've shot plenty. The banshee, ruger, the scorpion, etc and none ran quite as flawless as the FM-9. That's my experience.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I'll revise this for you by stating some 9mm pcc have ejection issues. I've owned a Foxtrot Mike for over two years now......couple of thousand rounds down range and never had one single issue at all. That being said, I also own an Aero 9mm and at first had a few ejection and failure to feed issues. All fixed up now, though.

I've shot plenty. The banshee, ruger, the scorpion, etc and none ran quite as flawless as the FM-9. That's my experience.
    I am specifically talking about the CMMG RDB systems.

El Coyote

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Spring, Texas
    Hello and good after noon to all here is my take on this and this is only y opinion. on this the banshee in 45 acp a great caliber that you well enjoy I had a cmmg but in the 7.62x39 it was great i got offered to much money for it and sold it but I do have a 45 acp carbine it is a ump tommy built, and it is great mine has the 16 inch barrel and a 8 inch barrel. I do know it is not a cmmg but you can not go wrong. with it rather you use for truck and car gun or self defense and just to go to the range and enjoy a great shooting session. I do know you well be paying a sizeable amount of money for it. do carry it in a inconspicuous cheap back pack or pelican case something that is no noticeable so get it and enjoy it

aceswild4405

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2023
    Dallas
    I compromised and got the Extar EP45 for about half the price all in of the Cmmg. After handling both, the Extar does feel lower quality (mostly polymer after all) but not by much.

As far as if it runs…I’ll get back to y'all after next weekend when I try to chuck some 230gr hard cast into some pigs.

El Coyote

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Spring, Texas
    I thinks you got a darn good weapon do not worry my ump is like that but it never stops when shooting a lot of rounds you might want to get a device to help you load rounds. into the mags it well help I know and good luck on hunting's the zombie pigs lolol and do be careful let us know how it goes ok El Coyote

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    but you may want to take a look at the Macon Armory DI .45 uppers

Absolutely NOT!!
    Biggest POS .45 PCC ever to be put on the market.

Everything he claims is a lie, like 'all my barrels are turned on centers'.
    Bull s#it!! Nothing on my barrel is concentric with any other part.
    Mine also has a .005" taper in the bore, in the first 1/2" of the muzzle.

His mags are a bitch to load. He has a YouTube video that shows you have to slam the damn things down on a hard surface, while pulling down on his POS loader, that wobbles so much that the plunger wants to bypass the round, and dents the case. I shimmed my loader .040" per side to get them to work a little.
    On top of that, the welds are overly large on some of the mags, and need to be put on a belt sander to knock them down. Funny, he never mentioned that when I was thinking of buying one.

The mag adapter that came with mine was machined wrong. Some how the mating surfaces of the two halves were cut concave, and when the assembly screws were tightened, the sides bowed in, and pinched the mags.
    The last round hold open was full of burs, and didn't work.
    I hand lapped the mating surfaces flat, and deburred the last round assembly to get it to work.

The gas port is only off the front of the chamber, by less than a 1/4", and it puts a hell of a lot of gas back in your face.

The hand guard on mine was an old, discontinued Sampson, with undersized clamping screws to hold it on to a pair of clam shell adapters that went around a std. GI barrel nut, and when a front sight was mounted on it, it wouldn't hold zero.
    I made an insert to go on the front of the hand guard so it wouldn't move around.
    Any additional rails that are needed are attached with screws going into steel bars inside the hand guard, and you nearly have to take it off to get those bars back into position.
    I had enough of the hand guard, went to get the barrel nut off, and it was torqued beyond any sensible point.
    AR barrel nuts are supposed to be torqued up to 30 ft/lbs, and then you are allowed to go up to 85 to get the nut to line up with where the gas tube has to go. Any tighter than that, you should use shims to get the nut to line up.
    Rudy just kept cranking on the nut...
    I had to use a 1/2" breaker bar, with a cheater pipe to try to get the nut loose,
    but the threads broke off the upper before the nut loosened.
    Instead of Aero-shell, or another moly based grease, he used plain old lithium grease.

That guy shouldn't be able to touch any AR...And he is a class A prick if you call him on any issue.
    But he is nice, and talkative when he's trying to sell you his s#it.

Stay far, far away from Macon Armory...

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Absolutely NOT!!
    Biggest POS .45 PCC ever to be but on the market.

Everything he claims is a lie, like 'all my barrels are turned on centers'.
    Bull s#it!! Nothing on my barrel is concentric with any other part.
    Mine also has a .005" taper in the first 1/2" of the muzzle.

His mags are a bitch to load. He has a YouTube video that shows you have to slam the damn things down on a hard surface, while pulling down on his POS loader, that wobbles so much that the plunger wants to bypass the round, and dents the case. I shimmed my loader .040" per side to get them to work a little.
    On top of that, the welds are overly large on some of the mags, and need to be put on a belt sander to knock them down. Funny, he never mentioned that when I was thinking of buying one.

The mag adapter that came with mine was machined wrong. Some how the mating surfaces of the two halves were cut concave, and when the assembly screws were tightened, the sides bowed in, and pinched the mags.
    The last round hold open was full of burs, and didn't work.
    I hand lapped the mating surfaces flat, and deburred the last round assembly to get it to work.

The gas port is only off the front of the chamber, by less than a 1/4", and it puts a hell of a lot of gas back in your face.

The hand guard on mine was an old, discontinued Sampson, with undersized clamping screws to hold it on to a pair of clam shell adapters that went around a std. GI barrel nut, and when a front sight was mounted on it, it wouldn't hold zero.
    I made an insert to go on the front of the hand guard so it wouldn't move around.
    Any additional rails that are needed are attached with screws going into steel bars inside the hand guard, and you nearly have to take it off to get those bars back into position.
    I had enough of the hand guard, went to get the barrel nut off, and it was torqued beyond any sensible point.
    AR barrel nuts are supposed to be torqued up to 30 ft/lbs, and then you are allowed to go up to 85 to get the nut to line up with where the gas tube has to go. Any tighter than that, you should use shims to get the nut to line up.
    Rudy just kept cranking on the nut...
    I had to use a 1/2" breaker bar, with a cheater pipe to try to get the nut loose,
    but the threads broke off the upper before the nut loosened.
    Instead of Aero-shell, or another moly based grease, he used plain old lithium grease.

That guy shouldn't be able to touch any AR...And he is a class A prick if you call him on any issue.
    But he is nice, and talkative when he's trying to sell you his s#it.

Stay far, far away from Macon Armory...
    Wow. No idea.

Top Bottom