• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    I just got a ProChrono about 2 weeks ago and it has worked flawlessly in 2 range outings so far. I did not buy the software as I find it easy enough to review the data and enter into a spreadsheet when I get home. If I plan to chrono more than the maximum 9 strings, then I printout a table and fill it in at the range as I fill up the chrono memory. This low tech method works for me so far.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Thanks Jim. I should get mine Wed of next week and don't have a rule book yet. Can't wait to get it. Didn't order the software.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I use a F1chrono ... works really well as long as the light conditions are good. It gets very picky in the evening. Not sure if they all do or what.. Also it has a plastic front that my .308 blast still managed to crack from almost 5 feet in front of the muzzle.. Besides that they sell it at cabelas and it works..

It was free so I am not complaining :)

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Got is yesterday and spent all day with it at the range. Tested it with every factory round for 9mm and 40 then tested it with all my reloads with over 5 powders. I know one thing doing this sure did open up a new door of reloading for sure.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    Got is yesterday and spent all day with it at the range. Tested it with every factory round for 9mm and 40 then tested it with all my reloads with over 5 powders. I know one thing doing this sure did open up a new door of reloading for sure.

Robin, I felt the same way after a few range sessions with the ProChrono. I could determine that I had a slow batch of Solo1000 and see that PD 124FMJ were slightly faster than MG 124CMJ. Made a low recoil round for practice (using 3N38), but my next goal is to reproduce my carry ammo (Speer GDHP 124+P) so I can practice with close to what I carry on the cheap.

murdoc94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    DFW
    No software here on mine, seems too complicated to mess with the software since data entry from a handwritten table into the computer doesn't take long, if you even prefer a computer copy...

Top Bottom