• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I think back as a kid of the different products there were to make chocolate milk. Bosco, Hershey's, Nestle's Quick, PDQ Fox's U Bet, Ovaltine are the ones that come to mind. As a kid they all were better then just drinking milk. Growing up my parents never bought bottled chocolate milk, hell it might not have even existed for all I know.

I remember the first trip my parents made to see me They brought things that just were not found in Texas. Bosco chocolate syrup was one of them.

I like chocolate milk still to this day. My go to other then a bottle of Hershey's that I keep on hand for other things besides milk is Promise Land Chocolate milk. That stuff is hare not to whip out a whole big bottle. While I was still working if I felt rough at work chugging a big bottle of Promise Land got me through the day. Often when I go grocery shopping I leave early & don't have breakfast. A small bottle of Promise Land was so common the checkers all knew to hand it to me versus having it sacked.

As I type this long winded thread I know when I'm done that I'm going to have me an ice cold glass of Promise Land Chocolate Milk.
    Venture Surplus ad

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I loved chocolate soldier or whatever it was called when I was a kid.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I like Chocolate milk but any premaid is too sweet for me. I stopped drinking plain Milk about 24 years ago but still do a Chocolate milk now and then. Ovaltine works for me.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I may or may not be in the minority hear, but I always preferred the powder mix Ovaltine or Nesquick to any of the syrups for chocolate milk. Unfortunately in the last couple of years I have become somewhat lactose intolerant, so I have had to cut back on milk drinking alot.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    When I was a kid we would occasionally get some Nestle Quik. I loved that stuff. We got our milk from a neighbor that had some cows. It came in glass half gallon Mason jars. That was real milk and the Nestle Quik made it even better.

Later on in life, I discovered another neighbor that made a drink that came in quart and half gallon Mason jars. That's another story.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When I was a kid we would occasionally get some Nestle Quik. I loved that stuff. We got our milk from a neighbor that had some cows. It came in glass half gallon Mason jars. That was real milk and the Nestle Quik made it even better.

Later on in life, I discovered another neighbor that made a drink that came in quart and half gallon Mason jars. That's another story.
    Sounds like "THE DUDE" influenced Caucasian with the contents of two mason jars combined in the right portions + some Kahlua. First time I heard of a White Russian I thought thats pretty nasty until I had one

Top Bottom