• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldjarhead56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    I have heard of these CHL protection programs that you become a member and you pay annual or monthly fees for. Like Texas Law Shield, Area Defense league, United States Concealed Carry Association, etc. I am looking for a good one to join, but I would like to hear some feedback from some members out there. I would also like to hear from anyone, who has actually had to call on their services in an self defense incident. Thank you.
    ARJ Defense ad

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    In the early days of the show, Texas Law Shield was in fact a sponsor and came in studio with us on at least one occasion. They were very nice guys and were quite open to answering questions about the services they provide. Now having said that, you may be hard pressed to find someone willing to discuss their legal cases with a complete stranger in an open forum. So, feedback on actual performance with respect to any of their services may be hard to find. It's worth looking at their FAQ to see what is covered as my current understanding of their services is limited to firearms "use" cases, going so far as to provide for your defense all the way through a criminal trial if necessary. Other programs such as Legal Shield cover a broader range of issues that have nothing to do with firearms use but, may or may not offer the same level of service (i.e. providing your defense in a criminal trial) unless you pay for it.

Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    Do you, Jeff or Jason subscribe?

I've been thinking about it too.

But, it does seem like a good prosecutor would argue this seems like I bought this with the intent if shooting someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hwarang54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2014
    You don't buy homeowners insurance because you're looking to set fire to your house, or car insurance because you want to run it into a semi, do you? Is a "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" situation. Me, I am a life member of the USCCA. The founder, Tim Schmidt, comes on a bit strong, but his heart is in the right place.

Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    I'm not saying that is why I'd buy it I'm just saying one could make that point.

Guns have a knee-jerk reaction factor that car accidents don't. Uneducated people seem to think we carry because we are just waiting for the right moment to use it. Even though nothing could be further from the truth.

I am thinking seriously about buying it but as Gary mentioned there isn't exactly a ton of examples out there of success stories.

Just a little skeptical.

hwarang54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2014
    I would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. The judicial system can suck the life out of any man, and people have had to give up fighting because of lack of funds. I would prefer to not have that issue and be given a fair chance

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I've carried Texas Law Shield. Although outside their service I did call them on a knife issue and they were more than helpful. For $10 a month ish I'd recommend them.

In a case that can go George Zimmerman on you with QLX and his buddies on your front door the $10 is a piece of mind.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I'm just saying one could make that point.

"Making" a point implies validity, and it most certainly wouldn't be a valid point, even if it was brought up. That's how I see it.

I'd think that if you were inclined to worry about such things, you'd only want to carry ball ammo in your weapon, no trigger/accuracy work, no night sights, etc.

Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    "That's how I see it."

Unfortunately how we rational people tend to see things seems to conflict with court rulings on a regular basis.

"I'd think that if you were inclined to worry about such things, you'd only want to carry ball ammo in your weapon, no trigger/accuracy work, no night sights, etc.

I have no idea the point you are trying to make with this.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    For $120 a year I take them at their word.
    You can be a skeptic all the way to the poorhouse if you have to use your weapon and have to get a lawyer out of pocket.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    There are multiple options however, to explore if you're going down this route. Absent knowing who would actually represent me, the limits of that representation, its not worth $.01 but thats for any insurance plan. You need to have good information before you make your choice. Regardless, it is good that you're thinking about it.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I paid for a couple years of the service with these guys:

Welcome to ConcealedCarryLegal.com

What made me change my mind is the fact that I could never actually get ahold of anyone when I'd email their "contact us" email. It's also pretty difficult to keep track of your coverage period.
    That concerned me a bit. I began to wonder if anyone would even answer the phone if I ever REALLY needed them.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Do you, Jeff or Jason subscribe?

I've been thinking about it too.

But, it does seem like a good prosecutor would argue this seems like I bought this with the intent if shooting someone.

I'd have to ask Jeff and Jason what, if any coverage they carry. I am fortunate enough to have legal representation through other means but, if I did not have that, I would definitely consider Texas Law Shield, Legal Shield or possibly both.

On the prosecutorial argument, that's a bit of a stretch. As others have said, it would be like saying that auto or home insurance are indicators you plan to intentionally collide with another vehicle or burn your house down. There are very limited circumstances where this happens and it's usually outright insurance fraud such as insuring a house for more than its worth, then committing arson or taking a huge insurance policy out on your spouse who suddenly dies with you as the sole beneficiary. The act of acquiring coverage alone is simply not enough to make this leap.

Top Bottom