Military Camp

CHL classes offered in / near NW Austin that can do 2 afternoons or very early evenings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Hi,
    I'd like to get my Texas concealed license. Had one in VA for a decade, but worthless now. I've done several internet searches and found one day classes near me, but I have a special problem.

I'm retired now and because of a sleep issue, I'm rarely up and running around before 12:30 in the afternoon. I'm looking for a class where they do the classroom in the afternoon and range the following afternoon, or early evening of the classroom day.

None seem to be offered. I spoke to one place and they said it's too difficult to schedule a 2 day certification. Gee, that's mostly what was done in VA and the NRA range in Fairfax did it routinely as most people had jobs and didn't want to lose the day's wages.

So, if you know of a possible solution, please PM me.

Thanks

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It is a four hour class plus range time.

Find a way or pay a huge premium for someone to do a one on one class with you.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Thanks Bozz10mm! I'll check this week. This sounds more doable even though it's a little more expensive. Sometimes you have to work with what the good Lord gives you, health-wise.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Thanks to Bozz10mm's suggestion, I was finally able to do the course work and shooting demo for my LTC on my own schedule. I used Shady Oaks Gun Range's on-line course and one hour instructor rental for the shooting proficiency. I little pricey all told, but when you have sleep problems like I do, it was just so much easier to pay extra. Tomorrow I start the actually application process.

Kenneth was my Range Instructor and he was really nice. Even let me tell him a few "war stories" about the good old days. I used the S&W SD9 VE I bought at Blackjack that I mentioned in a previous post. That APEX trigger helped a lot. 249 out of 250 on a ridiculously large target. But with my eyesight at 66 I think it was okay.

Anyway, thanks for all the support folks have given me on the forum.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Perhaps you're right. But it was necessary for me to seek alternatives due to sleep issues as I stated in the original post.

Good news is, that it took only 6 business days after I had my prints taken they are completed with the application (according to their website) and the printing and mailing of the license is all that's left to be done.

So, Again thanks to Bozz10mm for the suggestion. And for the rest of you, your comments were not really useful but I know your hearts were in it.

Top Bottom