• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ahh the A Shau Valley, remember it well or at least some of it. Got a call to move out and move, get over to the pad and catch the first thing hot and smokin to A Shau Valley, where ever the hell that was. I was just an OpCon soldier and passed around from unit to unit like a cheap date. I load up on a Chinock with some other guys, me and my M151 C1 and its big flashlight, I am a one man team, LOL. We head out and after a short time we get the nod we are going in and going HOT and I MEAN HOT. I notice holes appearing in various parts of the fuselage walls.

The guy next to me in his sling seat left his steel pot on, but took off his flak jacket and sat on it, I left mine on. The big bird is dodging and weaving like a drunk prize fighter as the pilot is looking for a window in the .51 cal machine gun fire when suddenly that guy next to me explodes out of his sling seat and grabs his ass like its on fire and he is dancing around to the beat of the blades screaming. His pants come down and drop to his ankles and he has spread his cheeks so wide I thought he only had one eye. I instantly look down at his flak jacket and know he is doing the .51 cal 2 step as sticking nose up out of the double folded flak jacket is a .51 slug. By now he looking at his fingers and there is no blood. He is ok sans some 2nd degree burn dead center of his apex and he got a hemorrhoidectomy courtesy of Charlie and the NVA.

By then we pulled pitch and head back to some LZ to prep for another insert the next day. It was getting dark by then, I spent the night and the pilot took his swiss cheese chopper back to have some holes plugged. They decided I would setup for a few days as thing were so HOT in the valley no Chinooks were going in. I left a few days later for another LZ on the DMZ for some action with my flashlight.
    Lynx Defense

Top Bottom