• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    There was, I think under Ft Sam; but now that it falls under the USAF 502 SBW the website is gone.

All the info you need is posted above. If you still have questions, either post 'em here, PM me or call the range.

Cheers! M2
    Guns International

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Got this today...

Effective April 11th, 2014 all DOD ID card holders, can sponsor 2 Non-DOD ID card holders to use the range for a fee of $15.00 per person of age 10 and up.

I heard they might try this on a trial basis, but at that cost it isn't really much of a deal even for a great range.

And if this starts affecting the DoD ID card holders that regularly shoot there, it may not last; but for now visitors are allowed at Camp Bullis. How they handle bringing non-registered firearms on the installation has yet to be seen.

Also, for those with Annual Permits, there's been a price increase (again)....

The new prices are:

Gun Day pass-$10 (was $5)

Gun Annual permit-$60 (was $30)

Archery Day pass-$5 (not sure of previous price)

Archery Annual permit-$40 (not sure of previous price)

Annual Combo permit-$75 (not sure of previous price)

Cheers! M2

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    What a bummer.

I used to shoot Service Rifle matches out there in the late 90's and never needed anything except checking in with the guard.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Update:

Camp Bullis Rod-N-Gun Recreation Center (RNGRC)

The Camp Bullis Sportsman's Gun Range is open to DOD Cardholders to fire their personally-owned firearms (pistols, rifles and shotguns 7.62 caliber or less). Targets range from 7-25 yards for pistols and 25-125 yards for rifles, no super magnums. All firearms must be registered at the Recreation Center. The range may close unexpectedly due to weather or unit practice. Range users should call before coming out for target practice. DOD ID cardholders can sponsor up to 2 non-DOD guests.
    Fees - Daily Pass: $10, Guest: $15, Annual Pass: $60, Annual Archery & Gun Range: $75

Fees subject to change, call to verify. Annual passes offered to DOD ID cardholders only.

Phone Number
    (210) 295-7577 or 295-7529

Loop 1604 and NW Military Hwy.
    Call prior to arrival for directions.

Hours of Operation:
    Sat-Sun 9AM - 3PM

Just to add they now have steel targets set out at 100 & 200 yards.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Dam I knew I should have stayed a DOD employee in 2002. I am now a DHS employee and doubt my creds would work here. I can still get into Lackland and Sam Houston with my creds.

If you can get onto Lackland and Ft Sam with your credentials, you should be able to do the same at Bullis.

That said, whether the Outdoor Rec folks let you shoot at the range or not could be an entirely different matter!

I would recommend giving it a try! What do you have to lose?!?

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    If you can get onto Lackland and Ft Sam with your credentials, you should be able to do the same at Bullis.

That said, whether the Outdoor Rec folks let you shoot at the range or not could be an entirely different matter!

I would recommend giving it a try! What do you have to lose?!?

I will give them a call and see what happens. I heard mix stories they sometimes allow LEO's to shoot there. I should dig up my old DOD creds lol.

Top Bottom