• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Business Analysts can do many different things in different organizations.

Typically in Austin they work with project managers, developers and stakeholders to create new or improve old software applications.

Through a lot of strange twists and turns in my career I've found myself in a business analyst role.

I'm really enjoying it.

If you are interesting in working in and around the tech world but don't want to be a developer then read up on the business analyst career field.

It does help if you have some technical background but you don't have to be an expert. That's what technical leads are for.

Mostly I enjoy helping individuals and organizations solve their problems.
    Gun Zone Deals

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    I worked as a business analyst in two different companies from 1995 through to 2009 but that was in the UK not the US. The role often straddles Business Systems Analyst and Project Manager. So you optimizing data flow as well as work flow along with data structures.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    The BA role can be different depending on the company. I've seen technical AND pure business people move into this role. Understanding the business is most important but a BA also learns technical aspects. Typically bridging the gap between business personnel who do not understand technical mumbo-jumbo and technical staff who are gear-heads only. I have several BAs working for me and a good BA is worth every penny.

Top Bottom