• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Where do you guys get your FMJs? I'm currently using Berry's but I wouldn't mind switching to FMJs down the road, that is unless I have no issues with the Berry's.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    your wally world sells bullets? awesome.

mine only sells cartouches

GJW1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Central Texas
    In my 45acp I use Rainiers 200 and 230gr RN plated bullets. I have not found any inexpensive FMJ alternatives. If someone has other suggestions I also would be interested in hearing.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I get mine from MidwayUSA by ordering online, I know, shipping costs like the devil but I live nowhere near a gun shop. Like 50 miles to Brownwood and 35 or more to Stephenville....But living in the sticks on a farm has greater rewards .

barhob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    new braunfels
    go online. ''Precision Delta''.
    $114. per K. 2,000 minimum order for free shipping.
    Fast service if bullets are in stock.
    they will backorder.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    +1 on Precision Delta. I've used there FMJ's in 9mm, .40, and .45 with good accuracy. Sometimes they are a little backed up on orders but usually get the bullets within a week. Orders seem to ship out faster if you call rather than order online.

If you decide to try some lead bullets I have had good luck with both Missouri Bullets (ordered from Grafs; $4.95 shipping) and from Bayou Bullets. The Bayou Bullets have a green coating (gator snot) that seems to prevent leading; just shot the first 500 through my XDM40 and the barrel stayed clean. Good luck in your new pastime.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Montana Gold (https://secure3.mooseweb.com/montanagoldbullet.com/pricelist.tpl)

$290/4000 for 115 gr 9mm FMJ if you buy bulk, more expensive if you buy smaller quantity. Works out to $72.50/1000 which is darn near cheaper then even bulk plated stuff directly from the source. And shipping is free if it goes to a business address like you job or something if you can swing it. Orders usually ship the day after you place them online and show up within 3 -4 business days. I'm into my 3rd 4000 round case now of 115 FMJ and haven't had any QC issues and they shoot nice.

I'm getting ready to order a case of the 124 JHP 9mm and the 230 FMJ 45 sometime in the near future.

malladus

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I just ordered a case from Friendswood bullet Co south of Houston, they ship USPS flatrate boxes. Not bad at all on shipping, good customer service. All hardcast lead though. Figured you might be looking for copper jacketed.

Cast Bullets

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I've used Precision Delta and Montana Gold for FMJ's. The Precision Delta's are the cheapest FMJ's but I've found them to be very inconsistent. My cartridge OAL's are all over the place when I use them, but they have functioned fine out of my handguns. Been using Montana Gold for my rifle rounds with great results, their pistol bullets are a little more than the Precision Delta's but are almost always in stock and better quality.

Just started testing out https://blackbulletsinternational.com/ in practice for pistol and am liking them a lot. They are the poly coated lead bullet types but seem to perform as well as the FMJ's at a lower price. I'm going to switch to them for everything if I finish off this case without any problems. They're about $20/k cheaper than the Precision Delta's so that'll save me several hundred dollars a year. Actually it probably won't save me anything, I'll just be able to shoot a few thousand more bullets a year for the same price.

Top Bottom