• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Hey all, got my shipment of hardcast 125gr 9mm round noses. Ran 25 or so on the scale and I got anywhere from 125.3gr down to 123.6 grain. I weighed about 25 of the 500 in the case. Is this pretty normal? New to reloading and just checking everything twice.

GJW1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Central Texas
    On the Oregon trail bullets I use there seems to be a small discrepancy similar to the one you observed. At first I wondered if it would make a difference, but after shooting about 10k rounds of their bullets I do not believe it made any difference. I also had similar differences in weights with Nolser handgun jacked hollow points and plated bullets.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've got 125 grain .308 Speer (or maybe Seirra, can't remember) bullets range from 124.3 to 125.2. Brand new in the little green box weighed on a freshly recalibrated PACT electronic scale! But I haven't seen any real problems with accuracy in my CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    My Berry's moved from 114.7 to 115.2 ... I think it's acceptable. The only thing you don't want to change is the OAL, as that can cause feedability issues.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    You're talking about a 1% variation in weight. Unless you're weighing powder down to .05 gr, you're going to have at least that much variation in loads anyway. For pistol rounds, this is very acceptable.

I have known some rifle reloaders that sort their rounds by weight so that all the bullets in each box reloaded are the same. Small variations can make some difference at 300+ yards.

Top Bottom