• ...and so much more!
  • Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    In getting ready to leave out in the morning I was looking for truck stuff and found this, my Dad's Buck 110. He carried it daily for a number of years. It was left in the sheath so it was tarnished fairly bad. I cleaned it up with Silvo and it turned out pretty good. It was still sharp which means it hadn't been used in a while. Every time I came in off the road it needed sharping. This November will be 7 years he has passed. I think I will carry it for a while to honor him and his daily carry.
    PXL_20230604_150413694.jpg
    Guns International

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    In getting ready to leave out in the morning I was looking for truck stuff and found this, my Dad's Buck 110. He carried it daily for a number of years. It was left in the sheath so it was tarnished fairly bad. I cleaned it up with Silvo and it turned out pretty good. It was still sharp which means it hadn't been used in a while. Every time I came in off the road it needed sharping. This November will be 7 years he has passed. I think I will carry it for a while to honor him and his daily carry. View attachment 390518
    That's a great way to honor your Dad. Carried mine since 1979 and think so much of it got the baby bro, Buck 55.

IMG_0607.jpeg

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Had a 110 that I carried and beat up so long, the blade was almost nonexistent. Not to mention the chips and dings on it from using it for adaptive tasks. Almost looked like it had been shot with shotgun. Lost it one day on base when I was inspecting equipment for shipment.

Got a new one shortly after, but it just didn't feel the same. Somehow, my Dad ended up with it, and I found it in a box addressed to me, with our knives, and his Mason stuff, after he passed. I can't bring myself to carry it, or use it. And I'll never sell any of those items, so they just kinda' sit there.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    The BUCK 110 and the BUCK 55 are outstanding, classic, well made knives!

We have gifted a few NIB Buck 110 knives over the years too.

Since I no longer use/carry folding or pocket knives due to my hand issues, I gave my husband my 2 Buck 110 knives and my 2 Buck 55 knives.

I gifted several other TOP brand name (Old - long gone and new knife companies.) folding/pocket knives over the years too.

Disclaimer: I do own, use and carry FIXED blade knives in various blade LENGTHS in the BUCK brand, Ka-Bar, and in a few other brands too.

There used to be a man who 'showed' his older and newer BUCK knives at knife shows and other events.

He is dead now but was well known on a couple of KNIFE forums.

He belonged to some Buck knife club or Buck collector's society too. I can't remember the name of it now and I haven't been to that forum in a long time. I may wander over there and read a bit.

He ALWAYS spoke highly of the famous Buck 110 knife in his posts.

He was a very nice family man, loved the outdoors, shared information, and was smart about BUCK knives and their history.

May he rest in peace.

Old Lady Cate

Last edited:

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    In getting ready to leave out in the morning I was looking for truck stuff and found this, my Dad's Buck 110. He carried it daily for a number of years. It was left in the sheath so it was tarnished fairly bad. I cleaned it up with Silvo and it turned out pretty good. It was still sharp which means it hadn't been used in a while. Every time I came in off the road it needed sharping. This November will be 7 years he has passed. I think I will carry it for a while to honor him and his daily carry. View attachment 390518

I am glad that you found your Dad's knife.

Take care!

Cate

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Buck has always made good quality knives. Paul Bos did their heat treating for many years and was about the best in the business. The 110 is a classic design that lasts for a long time. In my youth, every man carried a pocket knife of some kind. That was as normal as carrying keys or a wallet. When my son was in Boy Scouts (20 years ago! Hard to believe!) the church they met in built a mega-church and they were in the process of moving there. They didn't have pews installed yet, but they got a huge shipment of chairs - several truck loads, as I recall. They asked the Boy Scout troops that met at the church to help them unpack the boxes and stack the chairs for them. We all showed up and happily went to work. Within a few minutes I was shocked to find that only two of us - me and another father - had pocket knives. It was nearly impossible to get the boxes open or get some of the tape off the plastic covers on the chairs without a knife, so the two of us were super busy. The coolest thing about joining the Boy Scouts when I was young was that they all got a Barlow knife. (I was never in the Scouts, but I had a pocket knife of some kind from before I started grade school.)

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I was born in the summer of 1950.

ALL of the men and boys that I KNEW including my late Dad and older brother (By 9 years.) carried pocket knives in 'famous' brands including BUCK, CASE, SHRADE, many NY/CT FAMOUS, historical, old long gone knife company names, etc.

The LADIES that I knew carried pocket knives of some type too.

My late mother was one of them. She was born in 1920.

Her Mom carried a pocket knife and I only knew her - one Grandparent since the others died BEFORE I was born.

My late 'Aunt Catherine' who was NOT a blood relative but my late Mom's BEST friend during HS, college, graduate school and was our family lawyer in NY and in MD carried a knife too. She was my mentor and I loved her dearly. She was born in 1918.

My late Mom carried a knife in her black leather medical bag and had one in her PURSE too.

You could carry a small POCKET knife on the East Coast when I was growing up and long BEFORE I was born without people getting their panties in a TWIST or the LAW COMING DOWN on you.

And these folding and pocket knives were not only SWISS ARMY KNIVES too.

You did and do have to watch the BLADE LENGTHS and many knife laws have changed too.

Plus the deal with open or conceal carry issues.

Heck, knife LAWS have even changed since I left the boonies = farm - lake country in the Great Lakes region that I lived in for over 30 years with my late husband. His home state not mine.

They (Knife and GUN laws.) have changed back east AND in Montana since I moved here too.

I was East Coast born and raised and married there too.

Re: The man who mentioned the Boy Scouts.

My late Mom was VERY INVOLVED with the Boy Scouts during WW2 in NY and my older brother was in the Boy Scouts in NY and in MD. She was involved with them in MD but not as much due to her work and further education schedule in later years.

When I married my late husband during his Nam and around the world USN time, he was hardly ever 'stateside', ONE of the first things that he insisted on was me ALWAYS carrying a small folding pocket knife in my purse and, later on, in my first car - a 1970 Karmann Ghia convertible.

Every single car and truck had at least ONE knife in it if not more. His and her vehicles.

Back east, knives were on the former sail and power boats with emergency kits and a tool kit if needed.

Knives were in the former Coleman pop up camper that I used back east with him to Maine and all over PLUS when I moved out west alone.

My late husband ALWAYS had a pocket knife on him.

My 'MT husband = Montana husband' ALWAYS has a pocket knife on him, ONE for sure, AND a Leatherman or SAK multi tool kit on his leather belt.

He says that he feels NAKED without a knife on him and my late husband used to say the same thing.

I no longer drive but my husband always has a knife in his car and in his truck. Plus emergency equipment and not just because we go OFF of the beaten path a lot or he goes to his friend's ranch or when we take a day trip or longer.

Excuse the long post. It may bother some people here. Oh well.

My husband can't take a small pocket knife on him IF he goes to the county courthouse.

Old Lady Cate

Last edited:

TXAdj.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2023
    Burleson, TX
    Good stuff. Great knife. Try the Buck Ranger 112; it's the smaller version of the 110. Perfect EDC. What's good about these is they are classic, they are not all black, so they don't look like a "tactical" and evil knife, and the brass bolsters make a good skull cracker or window breaker if needed.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Buck 110 is an excellent knife....especially when it comes to field dressing and cleaning a deer.

Came across a Buck 110 at some auction a few years ago... "won" an old beat up 110 for $5...complete with leather sheath.

Spent some time this afternoon putting an edge back on a blade that spent most of its earlier sharpening time at a grinder wheel.

A little Ballistol on the leather...and same for the old Buck...and what do ya know?!!!

D0EA91CB-9D6E-48A1-87A5-8116471C13D1.jpeg

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I have one of the Copper and Clad SFO's that I haven't carried yet, but likely will start. It's red micarta with aluminum bolsters, and (IIRC) S30V steel. Very nice knife.

I had a 112 a bunch of years ago that I sharpened down pretty far... it's in a drawer somewhere in the house.

Classic knives...

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    My dad always carried a Buck 110 or Schrade LB7 (back when they were still made in the USA) on his belt in a leather sheath and a Old Timer Middleman in his pocket. I have fond memories of my dad whittling whistles out of mountain stream willow branches during our family vacations to Utah. Later on in life he replaced the Old Timer with a Case Stockman.

SchradeCase.jpg

Top Bottom