Join TexasGunTalk

Books Worth Reading

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Big Green, Jan 5, 2019.

1. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Read all the books by A. American and can say they are all very good .
    Another good series is from D J Molles called The Remaining , its a 6 book series.

Byrd666 likes this.
  2. Big Green

Big Green Well-Known

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Okay, not a book, but David Barton lists a plethora of books in his interview. This guy really is a wealth of knowledge on the Founding Fathers and their writings.

3. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    "Last Stand of Fox Company". Truly amazing true story from the Korean War.

"Undaunted Courage" (Stephen Ambrose) - In their day, Lewis and Clark were the equivalent of astronauts. They explored and mapped a huge expanse, documented plants, animals, and Indian tribes, and lived to tell the world. They opened the west with little more than raw courage.

4. GoPappy

GoPappy Active Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Thanks for those recommendations. I've now got both of them on my list to buy.

5. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Read both these non-fiction in the Kindle version:

"Sniper One": On Scope and Under Siege with a Sniper Team in Iraq

"Sniper's Conflict": An Elite Sharpshooter's Thrilling Account of His Life Hunting Insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq

6. Dinoble1

Dinoble1 Active Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Someone recommended “Life after Google” by George Gilder.
    It’s about how all your information is used on the Internet and how unsecure it is today. (Millions of accounts hacked on websites of banks, retailers, etc). And how big data companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc are making billions selling your info to advertisers and how they use artificial intelligence to entice you to other sites. (and thats why their services are “free”).

Goes into a lot of detail about how bitchain technology would allow you to control all your information and who you want to transact with, while securing your critical data.

The drivers of bitchain technology are cryptocurrency entrepenuers, and while there is a lot of history behind how they started and the technological improvements they’ve made, ihe doesn’t really advocate cryptocurrencies. It’s the bitchain technology that can be developed to make your information safer and under your control and how that would virtually change the internet as we know it today.

Honestly, it’s a tough read at times and took me a while to get through all the detailed chapters on data architecture and development of next generation microchip processors, but I got the message..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    There is a book for that also.

pronstar likes this.
  8. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    Reading ...The Real Lincoln..........

Not the Saint history books claim him to be.............

9. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    I wouldn't go that far but yes.he spoke out repeatedly about the average citizen not needing a high capacity magazine among other bullshit
    I used to think pretty highly of him until I found that out

10. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I just started reading Alone At Dawn.

It's the story of MOH recipient John Chapman and I like it so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk