• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    For what it's worth, I moved here from VA in May. I was looking for someone to reblue my old Md 15 and do some minor work on a pre-Md 15, 4-screw (1947 before they started using model numbers). I saw Blackjack Gunsmith on Google maps of all places when I put in the query for guns in my local area.

I just picked up both handguns. The bluing was really good. Maybe not S&W factory good, but it costs less and no shipping costs either. As far as I'm concerned, it was worth it. AJ treated me fairly and his work on replacing sight blades and deep cleaning and rust removal were very good. All-in-all I'm quite satisfied with the work done and it cost less than I expected.

I'm having him reblue my old Md 10 2" snubbie now. I bought it "as is" on an auction sight and the previous owner failed to mention the pitting and amount of rust in the crane and cylinder. AJ says he can make it rust free and presentable at a fair price.

If you are in the Austin area and need a gunsmith, I'd check with AJ.
    Texas SOT

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Picked up my Md 10 snubbie. Most of the rust was gone. Some residue remained in the frame and the pitting was too deep on the barrel to completely eliminate it (I asked them not to go deep on the filing as I didn't want the barrel profile to look odd). Overall its a good job. Fair price.

I also had them fix my YouTube gunsmith attempt at making the "Glock knuckle" repair. Came out perfect with them doing the double cutouts.

Also made a good trade-in on a S&W Md 66 with 6" barrel. I didn't feel abused and think we both had a win-win situation.

I really like AJ. I really don't like the stuffed rattle snake in the foyer! (I'm deathly afraid of all snakes) :-)

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    10oi3b9.gif

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I have had AJ do some work for me as well. Threaded a couple barrels for me as well as some bolt and action work on my Savage FVSR and installing the apachee trigger. He has always done quality work and in a timely and cost efficient manner. No complaints and will use him again if needed.

Last edited:

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Okay, now I have to post some pics. You'll live to regret this since my "smarter than me camera phone" is not very effective with me at the wheel. So here goes.

Attachments

• reblue smiths 1.jpg
      reblue smiths 1.jpg
      537 KB · Views: 309
    • reblue smiths 2.jpg
      reblue smiths 2.jpg
      494.8 KB · Views: 300
    • reblue smiths 3.jpg
      reblue smiths 3.jpg
      372 KB · Views: 307

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    It's good work for the money. Probably could have gotten S&W to re-blue with more brightness. BUT, it'd be $$$ lots more as I have to pay shipping there and back for 2nd day shipping. Not cheap. AJ's finish does the job for me!

Top Bottom