• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasHorn7

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2023
    Dallas
    I am looking to have my daughter taught how to shoot a rifle properly. I don't expect her to be winning PRS matches after just a couple of lessons.

Goals:
    - I want her to be capable of going deer hunting with me soon.
    - safe gun handling is a must
    - basic marksmanship
    Hurley's Gold

Plinker300

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Katy
    I guess we should ask- how old is your daughter? Appleseed requires youngsters to be able to SAFELY manipulate the rifle and controls. A 10/22 makes a great birthday or Christmas present..

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I am looking to have my daughter taught how to shoot a rifle properly. I don't expect her to be winning PRS matches after just a couple of lessons.

Goals:
    - I want her to be capable of going deer hunting with me soon.
    - safe gun handling is a must
    - basic marksmanship
    Check with your local 4H shooting groups in your area and also check with Scholastic Action Shooting Program as they offer basic marksmanship training although their goal is to train the youth to compete in organizes matches. You should have no problems finding a reputable team in Dallas as I have met some great groups during previous matches with my daughter competing against them.

PS

Another benefit to joining these organizations is obtaining free or reduced priced ammo courtesy of NRA grants plus access to ranges normally closed to the public and ability for your kids to obtain much needed scholarship money for college which is a big thing with both these organizations.

Top Bottom