Baretta 92FS & CX4 suppressor possibilities.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I have a Baretta 92FS Inox, upgraded all the pieces possible to the Inox pieces and the grips, as well as added a frw upgraded Wilson arms springs. Getting a few parts Cerakoted. Bought the Inox threaded barell as well.

I also have a Baretta CX4 with both the short american barell and the Canadian 19” barell. (I go to canada often) i also have the barell shrouds for them and had them modified so i could get the barells threaded in the same threading as my 92FS.

Yes i inow Canada doesnt allow suppressors. Still had the threads cut anyways.

Now i am looking to buy a suppressor that i can swap between guns.

I dont care about weight/size as much about how well a job it does on suppressing the noise.

What i want is to hear from those here that actually have a 92FS (or Variant) and/or CX4 and a suppressor that they use with one or both of these firearms. I would like to hear which suppressor you currently have &/or have had and if you are pleased with tour purchase? Also how long did it take u to get your NFa approval?

If you have pictures of the suppressor on either or both guns i would appreciate you posting them.

Thanks!
    Capitol Armory ad

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I have a Baretta 92FS Inox, upgraded all the pieces possible to the Inox pieces and the grips, as well as added a frw upgraded Wilson arms springs. Getting a few parts Cerakoted. Bought the Inox threaded barell as well.

I also have a Baretta CX4 with both the short american barell and the Canadian 19” barell. (I go to canada often) i also have the barell shrouds for them and had them modified so i could get the barells threaded in the same threading as my 92FS.

Yes i inow Canada doesnt allow suppressors. Still had the threads cut anyways.

Now i am looking to buy a suppressor that i can swap between guns.

I dont care about weight/size as much about how well a job it does on suppressing the noise.

What i want is to hear from those here that actually have a 92FS (or Variant) and/or CX4 and a suppressor that they use with one or both of these firearms. I would like to hear which suppressor you currently have &/or have had and if you are pleased with tour purchase? Also how long did it take u to get your NFa approval?

If you have pictures of the suppressor on either or both guns i would appreciate you posting them.

Thanks!
    I've used all my 9mm suppressors on my 92FS. That includes an older Gemtech, a SilencerCo Omega 9, a SilencerCo Omega 45k, a SilencerCo Osprey 9, and a SilencerCo Osprey 45k. They all worked great. I don't own a CX4, but I do own several 9mm PCCs and use those suppressors on them.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I've used all my 9mm suppressors on my 92FS. That includes an older Gemtech, a SilencerCo Omega 9, a SilencerCo Omega 45k, a SilencerCo Osprey 9, and a SilencerCo Osprey 45k. They all worked great. I don't own a CX4, but I do own several 9mm PCCs and use those suppressors on them.

Ok! So which did you like best? Like least? Which one did u think was the quietest? Loudest?

Did you shoot 147gr 124gr through it?

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    The Beretta is not my favored suppressor host, but when I use it, I tend to use the Omega 9K, even though the can blocks the sights. I shoot all sorts of ammo--from 115gr to 158gr.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I hate shooting my 92FS with the Octane on it. Blasts you in the face with cancerous blowback and the milled front sight that is integral to the slide means you can't easily replace it with a taller one.

The gun doesn't see much action, except when I want to troll people by telling them to shoot it with their mouth open. It's funny when the cancer particles fly into their mouth.

There are much better suppressor hosts available these days.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Have you upgraded any parts on the CX4?

It’s imported so IIRC threading the barrel can creates issues with the incredibly stupid 922R.

Also, did you remove the barrel yourself for threading? Looks like it would be a bitch so mine has remained stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    The Beretta is not my favored suppressor host, but when I use it, I tend to use the Omega 9K, even though the can blocks the sights. I shoot all sorts of ammo--from 115gr to 158gr.

Im not to worried about the sighting. I have learned to shoot with an 8” accuracy at 15yrds without sighting

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Have you upgraded any parts on the CX4?

It’s imported so IIRC threading the barrel can creates issues with the incredibly stupid 922R.

Also, did you remove the barrel yourself for threading? Looks like it would be a bitch so mine has remained stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swapping barrels isnt a quick easy swap between the US version and the longer Canadian version. Thats why i got bot barrels threaded. The threads in both seem to work fine for the muzzle breaks.

The only things i have added to the CX4 is the shrouds, and rails for bottom and boths sides as well as bipod/grip combo, atn scope, flashlight, infrared flashlight.
    I did have to have the shrouds modified to make room for the threading.

Top Bottom