• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    You win the Internets for today. That's awesome.

When I lived in Spokane, WA, I got to go to Fairchild AFB and sit in and tour a B-52 (G?). It was amazing. Lots of throttles on that quadrant. One of our tow pilots in a glider club had that for his regular job. Flying those monster bombers. Those bomber pilots were hot shots, every one. The stories I could tell. And they used to bellyache because they had to get a certain number of hours in every month in a T-37 (or T-33). That kinda made me mad.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Great video! I have always thought that the pilots of our military aircraft are the best of the best.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Just read the interview/article MMMX posted. Its just as incredible reading about it as it was seeing it.

He actually got stick time....incredible.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The B2 is old tech. Like the F117 its computer is everything. Otherwise its a rock

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Incredible skill!

It is, and just about every single fixed wing pilot in the US military does that routinely enough that it’s a non-event.

Smooth air is preferred, it’s doable in light to moderate turbulence if the mission calls fo it. Day or night, sometimes multiple times in one mission. Just need the minimum visibility required for AR ops.

We’d usually take 30k -60k lbs per fill up. That’s 5k-10k gallons of JP8, during a 15-25 min connection.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is, and just about every single fixed wing pilot in the US military does that routinely enough that it’s a non-event.

Smooth air is preferred, it’s doable in light to moderate turbulence if the mission calls fo it. Day or night, sometimes multiple times in one mission. Just need the minimum visibility required for AR ops.

We’d usually take 30k -60k lbs per fill up. That’s 5k-10k gallons of JP8, during a 15-25 min connection.
    Damn $$$$$$$$$

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Great video.

I got an honor flight once in a KC-135. We refuled F-111's over the North Sea. We were supposed to do A-10's too but the air at the lower altitude wouldn't cooperate.

Top Bottom