• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Sorry if this old Youtube video has been posted before but I just saw it now. This is the kind of crap that pisses me off about liberal-leaning Austin. The holier-than-thou attitude of the police Chief when he was being questioned really steamed me too. In hindsight, seeing that Chief Acevedo came from the California Highway Patrol, I guess I should have expected his condescending attitude toward the vlogger. I don't know him personally but his actions in this video gives me insight about his regard for the Second Amendment.

Sickens me.

Last edited:

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    lol i read that as "Chief Avacado"

i think that'll be how i pronounce that from now on.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Just out of curiosity, can Perry/Abbot actually do anything about this kind of stuff? Cities still have to answer to the state, it's not like how it's *supposed* to be that States are sovereign from the federal gov't. I wish someone would do something about this stuff. In some cases, it's making people choose between feeding their kids and having protection for them. And if I was in the same situation I would be forced to turn mine in, too. In other cases, it's giving people free money to offload a firearm used in a crime. This just has bad written all over it and shouldn't be legal. People can sell their guns, for cash, for WAY more than those things give in gift cards. And at any time. If someone is that desperate they can sell their gun to a shop or a private sale and walk away with cash, the gun will not be destroyed, and the world keeps on spinnin.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Whatever. If you're stupid enough to trade your grand dad's old rifle away for a case of Dr. Pepper, I'm afraid there's no hope for you.

Sent carelessly from Joe Biden's balcony

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    The best point of the video was that the majority of the folks turning in their guns were mostly elderly, and said they had it their closet for the last upteen years. So they aren't getting criminals to turn in illegally owned guns, just people that don't think they need a gun anymore.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I've been waiting for this to happen again. I have a couple to get rid of. Old stamped metal with broken frames.

Oh yeah, and I wanted to buy a couple working guns for cheap.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I agree that people shouldn't be duped into selling their firearms for some paltry BS sum. My biggest gripe about the video, though, is the condescending attitude of Police Chief Acevedo towards the people he's sworn to protect.

Top Bottom