Hurley's Gold

Austin Gun Show 12/18 and 12/19 Who's goin?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    So this will be the first Austin show I have been to in over a year... Hope is a good one..

Who all is going? I'll be there wandering around with a couple of AR's for sale..
    ARJ Defense ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The SAXET show? We went last month, it's too far of a drive from SA for us; but it was a good show. I just hope they have the lighting situation corrected upstairs!

Cheers! M2

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'll be there at least Saturday, maybe Sunday too. I should be there around 10-11am and will stay for at least a few hours.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    All in all not a bad show..Good mix of vendors for the most part..was pretty crowded, though I've seen way worse. Ammo prices were still too high, compared to Walmart for simple stuff.. Sold 3 AR-15's within about 2 hrs time..So it was very productive for me.. Now on the hunt for a 6.8 upper to hunt with..

Very happy to have a show close again...I will definitely go to next months show..

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I have one more AR I would like to sell so I can pick up another handgun, so I thought about going back tomorrow with that one.. May post it over on TGT for trades to see what pops up..save the trip..

I did pick up a sling, cleaning kit, and Pmag at a good price today..OH, and the Turkey Jerky was outstanding!

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Sold a Sig, bought a S&W and some jerky. Much better than the other brand show, but still kind of smallish. APD cleared and secured weapons and was very friendly.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    LOL...well, I wasn't carrying concealed, so I just didn't even look... So what makes it unenforceable? or is the answer as plain as the hair on my big toe??
    Sec. 30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:
    (1) carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, on property of another without effective consent; and
    (2) received notice that:
    (A) entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden; or
    (B) remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart.
    (b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.
    (c) In this section:
    (1) "Entry" has the meaning assigned by Section 30.05(b).
    (2) "License holder" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035(f).
    (3) "Written communication" means:
    (A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"; or
    (B) a sign posted on the property that:
    (i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
    (ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
    (iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
    (d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
    (e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.
    Travis County expo center is owned by a governmental entity. And neither gun shows nor expo centers are mentioned in 46.03 or 46.035.

Top Bottom