• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Tucker has the best puzzled, "WTF" expression on the streaming interwebz ...
    Especially when he gives the "Liberal Sherpa" bitch some grief.
    Guns International

91B10

HATES: Politicians and Rust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    South Texas
    For some reason most of my friends are LEO, its funny cause I personally have no use for cops unless I need a report written. So a couple nights ago me and a few buddies were in my shop cutting up deer and hog meat for the next days annual deer sausage making day and we got on the subject of confiscation. Two local, one federal LEO and a recently retired Army CSM were all of the same mind on it, the local cops did not think they would ever be asked nor would they participate in such an activity, the Federal was adamant that there were not enough FED LEO's to accomplish the task and the CSM said the majority of the Military in his experience was conservative leaning. Granted, they are all gun guys, Texans (except the CSM but he got here as fast as he could) and love and own firearms of all types and ages. But it was comforting to hear thier arguments.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...CSM said the majority of the Military in his experience was conservative leaning....

Using the military would be a violation of Posse Comitatus Act. Ain’t going to happen, they’ll just step to the side and say ‘Go ahead Pyle, let’s see how this turns out for you”.

Confiscation is it’s most literal sense isn’t likely to happen. More likely is that over time it becomes first inconvenient to buy a gun, then it’ll become more expensive (supply/demand), then onerous, then more expensive (supply/demand), then more death by a thousand cuts.

What is scary with the bump stocks is there’s no due process nor recompense for the owner. That tactic may work for some things, but if I’m told all semiautomatic firearms are now arbitrarily declared a machine gun and to turn them in or destroy them, well I’ll do neither and let it ride on out from there, because that sort of capricious law would be TRO’d and put on the SCOTUS calendar real quick.

It’s the slow erosion over time that I fear.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I thought that about bump stocks. It didn't happen. While it still might, time is sufficiently short that I'm betting it won't.

And your lesson I keep in mind. I don’t feel there is due process for the owners, since there isn’t either compensation or grandfathering or a means to get a tax stamp for it.

That bugs the sh*t out of me.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The tax stamp was probably left out on purpose. Given the time it takes to process one at this time, can you imagine what the flood of paperwork would do to the system?
    It would take them years.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The tax stamp was probably left out on purpose. Given the time it takes to process one at this time, can you imagine what the flood of paperwork would do to the system?
    It would take them years.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That’s an admin issue to solve for. Apply by date X and your good until a decision is rendered. If ineligible for stamp, here’s the instructions to forfeit at your local ATF office. This ticket is a get out of jail free card for X days.

The rule-makers chose not to exercise that option.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    I posed on a different thread the attack approach intended. Fed bill say NO Fed. registry but texas bill is to set up a state registry, which we must assume is then available to the Fed.
    This is PLANNED by the Dems at Fed and local level.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Bad government.

Hold my beer....

f33c1f944ec128082136536a575651f0.jpg

Attachments

• f33c1f944ec128082136536a575651f0.jpg
      f33c1f944ec128082136536a575651f0.jpg
      107.8 KB · Views: 354

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Well, since their're mostly dems I can get understand that sentiment, as it long as it applies only to his constituents ...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well, since their're mostly dems I can get understand that sentiment, as it long as it applies only to his constituents ...

The original article is about the city’s opposition to a state bill that gives property owners a say on whether the local government can arbitrarily increase the rate by > 2.75%.

In essence, any tax rate change greater than 2.75% of the existing rate (in mills) requires voter approval If I understand correctly.

City of Austin’s position is that property owners are too dumb to know what’s good for them, so they can’t be given this privilege.

Top Bottom