• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think the only thing Swalwell has said is the nuclear portion of his position was sarcasm.

His official stance is confiscation and his official position is give them up or be an enemy of the state.

https://swalwell.house.gov/issues/gun-violence-prevention

What I don’t understand is how a position like that squares with the Congressional Oath of Office, which is nearly identical to my commissioning oath.
    Venture Surplus ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think the only thing Swalwell has said is the nuclear portion of his position was sarcasm.

His official stance is confiscation and his official position is give them up or be an enemy of the state.

https://swalwell.house.gov/issues/gun-violence-prevention

What I don’t understand is how a position like that squares with the Congressional Oath of Office, which is nearly identical to my commissioning oath.
    Just like campaign promises, oaths are just talk to them. Until they're held liable for their oath it's just a formality.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've often pondered how forceful confiscation would play out.?
    Incrementally.
    Instant civil war?
    Nope.

Instant civil war would require a total ban of lots of guns and all of us seeing our neighbors getting their doors kicked in, knowing we're next. That's not going to happen.

Watch what happens when the bump stock ban is instituted. People will throw them away or hide them away. No one will lay down their life for a principle when the only tangible thing at risk in the short term is a piece of plastic.

Rinse and repeat with -
    • binary triggers,
    • 80% AR lowers,
    • all other 80% receivers,
    • .50BMG rifles,
    • rifles chambered for any cartridge based on the .50BMG,
    • replacement barrels being treated as whole firearms, like in most of the EU, and, once we've all become accustomed to giving up things,
    • firearms re-classified as non-sporting, a category that will grow and grow and grow over time.
    "Heller be damned" will be the attitude of Congress. The next Democrat president will sign off on all of it.

I'm praying for a couple of more SC judges to help stem the tide of evil long enough for the country to come to its collective senses.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    What about the commies? They killed so many people, they make the nazis look like cub scouts
    Qagc1qn.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What about the commies?
    On point. The communist attitude was "We're going to make the world we want and we don't mind slaughtering a few 10s of millions of people to do it."

Swalwell's attitude seems to be "We're going to get rid of guns to help make the world we want and we don't mind slaughtering more than a few people to do it."

There's not a sliver of difference between the two.

Right or left, totalitarianism kills people. Always.

The question for us is how best to resist.

Reactions: MTA

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I've often pondered how forceful confiscation would play out.?

Who would implement it? Law enforcement? Our own Military? I can't see our own military turning on us. Instant civil war?
    It's already started with ERPOs and law enforcement confiscating weapons.

I can see several different schemes that can play out.

1. Universal background check on all transactions with a reasonable fee to recover the local, state, and federal costs to conduct that background check. UBCs carried out at every point of sale every time: firearms, parts, accessories, ammunition, components. This effectively taxes most players out of the game by nickel and diming you to death. Failure to comply during a firearms transaction punishable by not less than one year imprisonment.

2. Add a tax stamp requirement for every firearm transaction in addition to the UBC. Failure to comply during a firearms transaction punishable by not less than one year imprisonment.

3. Prohibited persons will be required to turn in any firearms and associated items. Condition of release for prohibited persons is to agree to search of your property at any point for any firearms and associated items, which will be seized.

That, plus Ben's post, is just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine all sporting category firearms require membership in a CMP chapter with your sporting firearms required to be stored at your 'local' club which becomes the only place you can use your sporting firearm.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm not so sure it will be quite that easy. In decades to come maybe, not all people are sheep. I believe there will be a lot of resistance, and the United States is like no other country to compare. Martyrs will open the eyes of many, and governments hate martyrs.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I'm not so sure it will be quite that easy.
    In general, I agree it won't be easy. What concerns me is there's a metric ton of constituents, dollars, and lawyers throwing money towards federal or local solutions that lead to death by a thousand paper cuts, which if the long view is taken, is just as effective as an outright ban/confiscation.

That's what concerns me every single time 'common sense' gun control is brought up for discussion. Having said that, I find myself unexpectedly evolving my position.

Philosophically, I'm curious how gun use in criminal acts would be affected if it became a capital crime, punishable only by death, if a firearm were to be used during the commission of a crime. Kind of swigs the pendulum towards punish the person, not the tool.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I'm not so sure it will be quite that easy. In decades to come maybe, not all people are sheep. I believe there will be a lot of resistance, and the United States is like no other country to compare. Martyrs will open the eyes of many, and governments hate martyrs.
    That's just it- they're playing a long game.

Also remember indoctrination- those born in the last 15 years have heard much more negative press coverage about guns... They're essentially brainwashed- they don't know shit about them other than "GUNS BAD". Unless something changes, the majority will be anti-gun within a generation.

And they work to vilify anyone before disarming them... taking guns from and/or killing criminals or "bad people" doesn't make them martyrs- it makes the action "justified". (I'm talking about public opinion, Democracy mob rule).

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That's just it- they're playing a long game.

Also remember indoctrination- those born in the last 15 years have heard much more negative press coverage about guns... They're essentially brainwashed- they don't know shit about them other than "GUNS BAD". Unless something changes, the majority will be anti-gun within a generation.

And they work to vilify anyone before disarming them... taking guns from and/or killing criminals or "bad people" doesn't make them martyrs- it makes the action "justified". (I'm talking about public opinion, Democracy mob rule).
    That's why I said decades. More of us freedom lovers need to die off.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

“All the firearms that were seized, or among the firearms that were seized, basically, all them would be legal in other states, just not in California, so, they will have to be turned over to law enforcement to disposed of out of state,”

Seems pretty unjust. Bad warrant, bad arrest, evidence seized was inadmissible, charges dismissed, but property still forfeited.

F that. My shyster lawyer would be filing an injunction.

Top Bottom