• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    So two weeks ago I order plates and plate carrier from AR500. The website and my email confirmation said 1 day lead time. When my order was not shipped by the following Monday I sent an email to their customer support email address asking about this. It took them 3 days to answer my email. Well is this email they told me "on Monday we implemented an 18 week lead time." Well that's some bs! So I reply to the email and ask them well I ordered my stuff before you implemented the policy and if you cant send me my stuff can I cancel my order? NO ANSWER for two days!

Today I call to confirm what they told me in the email. They said they implemented it on all orders even ones that have not been filled before the POLICY. I said well that's some crap because the website told me one day. Their response was we are about to update it on our website and send out an email.

YOU NEED TO PUT THAT UP THE SECOND YOU DECIDE TO DO THAT AND STILL FULFILL PREVIOUS ORDERS!!!
    I am about to take some classes where armor is needed and can not wait 18 weeks. Thank you AR500 YOU SUCK!!!
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

BCGlocker

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    El Paso, TX
    That is some crappy service. I was thinking buy one from them now I have second thoughts. They should at least let you cancel since it will take them 18 weeks to make the stuff and obviously have not start on the order.

navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    They did charge my card when I ordered. After 5 minutes of arguing I finally got a refund.

Come to find out body armor megastore has their stuff for cheaper. I was able to get the carrier and plates with extra build up and trauma pads for about $80 cheaper than I did at ar500 without trauma pads and just the base coat.
    I almost didn't even want to get their plates but the prices are just so much lower than almost anything else on the market

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Crazy that the lead time would go from 1 day to 18 weeks overnight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    FYI - Payment card Industry Rules (Visa MC AMEX and Discover all follow these) state if you order online or phone they are can't charge your card until it ships.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    They did charge my card when I ordered. After 5 minutes of arguing I finally got a refund.

At least all it took was a couplea emails and a 5 minute phone call. I've seen much worse.

As to the 1 day to 18 weeks, they got themselves a sweet contract. They best be careful though; they could do some damage to their "regular" customer base.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom